Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a long time without screens/progress update now :( I hope we're not being 'punished' because of the reactions of some people who didn't understand the meaning of WIP..

18 minutes ago, Microburst79 said:

Dont think they punish you guys.These guys also develop Genoa airport so maybe their focus is to finish that scenery first.That's just my theory...

Girona first? I mean, they've been working on this Brussels project since 2013(!) and already encountered problems with previous developpers who didn't perform up to Aerosoft standards... I'm really happy that you guys were honest with us and just told us that you wouldn't publish an under-standards product, but then, don't you think that it should definitly be focus number one by now? 

Also, we're august already, and I don't see it finished before the end of it, meaning that another summer period (holidays i mean) will have passed without this MAJOR EUROPEAN AIRPORT available (in an up-to-date way).

But hey, who am I to blaim you guys, for your amazing work here. It's just that i'm starting to get a little upset about it, and would definitly want to start flying out of here.

• Upvote 1

HI all,

I think Microburst has right. I think they are focussing on Genoa first and then on EBBR, not sure tho, but it's the same developers.

Wait and see

Are you sure it's done by the same developers? as far as I remember EBBR is being done internally after the I.D.S. Scenery didn't fit to Aerosoft's quality standard a year ago, while Genoa is under development by Gaya simulations...

EBBR:

On 14.8.2015 at 20:36, Mathijs Kok sagte:

Okay, let me share (20:30 Friday evening and two glasses of wine, I really need to get a life).

The project as it was done so far was not to our standards. So we arranged to get the current files and it will now be completed internally. That's why I written it is not behind schedule because basically we are making the schedule again. Even  though that means a delay it is good news for the project. 

Brussels is an important project for us. We got one of our offices there and it is a very important airport in Europe even though it does not rank high in numbers.

LIMJ:

On 20.7.2015 at 18:44, Rafal Haczek sagte:
On 20.7.2015 at 07:44, Condor184 sagte:

Do we know the developer?

Gaya Simulations (the developers of Kilimanjaro)

I can imagine development has been influenced by the tragic event that happened at the airport. No easy access anymore to take photo's or verify buildings/structures?

• Developer

Hey,

The development is going well. It's big airport and it's take some time since we model and developing it from scratch. 

After we earned some experience of marketing/PR we decide to show only images from inside the sim- what you will see it's what you will get (Punish? who/when.why? we are not a school teacher :) ). As a simmer for more than 21 years, i'm pretty sure you will love what you will get.

I know it's hard to wait, and I know the hope to see the thread of the scenery you waiting for climbed up to the top of the forum with exciting photos. 

On one of the next news we will open a new and fresh thread for Mega Airport Brussels.

Thanks for your support and tail wind.

Raz,

GayaSIm

• Upvote 3

Hey,

The development is going well. It's big airport and it's take some time since we model and developing it from scratch. 

After we earned some experience of marketing/PR we decide to show only images from inside the sim- what you will see it's what you will get (Punish? who/when.why? we are not a school teacher [emoji4] ). As a simmer for more than 21 years, i'm pretty sure you will love what you will get.

I know it's hard to wait, and I know the hope to see the thread of the scenery you waiting for climbed up to the top of the forum with exciting photos. 

On one of the next news we will open a new and fresh thread for Mega Airport Brussels.

Thanks for your support and tail wind.

Raz,

GayaSIm

Thanks for the update. [emoji1303]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Just to inform you the whole project is already modeled (all in all).

Since it's big airport just inside big city, and the characteristics of the airport are using mostly big and complex aircrafts (airbus, boeing etc...), we are now making the checks to make sure the quality-performance balance is keeping on the best way so it will not just look amazing, but more important than that- it will be flyable.

you can expect to see the whole pictures within the upcoming weeks. a little more patient....

• Upvote 9

Just to inform you the whole project is already modeled (all in all).

Since it's big airport just inside big city, and the characteristics of the airport are using mostly big and complex aircrafts (airbus, boeing etc...), we are now making the checks to make sure the quality-performance balance is keeping on the best way so it will not just look amazing, but more important than that- it will be flyable.

you can expect to see the whole pictures within the upcoming weeks. a little more patient....

Thanks for the update!

• Upvote 1

• Developer
25 minutes ago, russo said:

will you develop the city too?

The scenery will include the airport and it's immediate surrounding, include some of the famous spotting points :) 

• Upvote 1

Will the airport elevation be correct like the real airport? In the standard FSX version you see the airport being on a hill which is in fact not realistic. ORBX did a great job with their elevation correction at Brussels. A second thing to mention is that the previous Brussels scenery had runway 25R not laying on its true position but some meters off. Will this also be correct now?

On 4/9/2016 at 5:09 PM, razgo said:

The scenery will include the airport and it's immediate surrounding, include some of the famous spotting points :) 

Thank you for the answer.

It is a pity, It would be awesome the whole city 

Sorry for my English