Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Our recent FS2004 only sales action was a total and utter bust. It really seems that market has gone dead. So we only do it if it is very very little additional work.

C'mon, Mathijs, what else did you expect from a sales action with nothing than very old add-ons in it? I'm still a happy FS2004-pilot, but I already own most of your products for this platform. Of course I won't buy your sceneries again, and I suppose my friends who still use FS2004 won't do that either. If you don't produce new products for FS2004, you must not be astonished if you don't sell no FS2004-products any more.

FSMagazine from Germany has just published amazing statistics from IVAO saying that there are almost as many FS2004-users as there are FSX-user (some 42% compared to about 46%, if I remember it right, please see http://pim.oudeveldhuis.eu/ivao/stats/). So I don't believe that the market for FS2004-products is really as dead as you try to tell me. Other developers and publishers still produce for this platform, and I don't suppose they want to lose money doing so. Of course I have no right at all that Aerosoft produces anything for my platform at all, I know. But I'm quite sure that NEW(!) products for FS2004 would sell not to badly. I would buy it after all, and I think my friends would do so as well.

It's your free choice if you want to produce for FS2004 or not, I understand that quite well and I don't want to offend you or Aerosoft. But please don't stop producing first and then complain that we don't buy. That's not fair.

Regards

Michael 

• Upvote 4

A nice feature would be to activate/deactivate the approach and runway lighting depending on runway use. So if runway 25R and L are in use, the approach and runway lighting of runway 01/19 should be off, but the approach and runway lighting of 25L/R on. Maybe FSX has its limitations on that? This is just an idea, not really a request.

• Aerosoft

FSMagazine from Germany has just published amazing statistics from IVAO saying that there are almost as many FS2004-users as there are FSX-user (some 42% compared to about 46%, if I remember it right, please see http://pim.oudeveldhuis.eu/ivao/stats/). So I don't believe that the market for FS2004-products is really as dead as you try to tell me. Other developers and publishers still produce for this platform, and I don't suppose they want to lose money doing so.

Michael 

For starters, NO other company has so many FS2004 products as we done in the last two years. And the statistics do not surprise me at all, I never said there were not a lot of FS2004 users. I just say that they do not buy add-ons. It's a pattern we have seen over and over again. And our competitors see the same, there has hardly been any serious FS2004 release this year.

If you search this forum you will see this issue discussed over and over. I therefore suggest to close line of discussion here.

• Upvote 5

Very right Mathijs! No doubt there are a lot of FS2004 users, but those numbers are irrelevant. What matters is the number of customers, not the number of users.

What happens if you do release a scenery for FS2004? You only get very few sales! I once heard you get at least 10 times more sales for the FSX version of a product than for the FS2004 version of the same product. That's easy to measure if you got access to the statistics like Aerosoft does. They've released enough FS2004 sceneries, only to see the number of sales going down and down and down. Then what would you expect from the next FS2004 scenery? The answer is simple: even less sales.

Now back on topic!

• Upvote 5

You always need your exception from the back onto topic command, do you Patrick? :P

Ok, that's it now, any post that is not somewhere 10NM around EBBR will get deleted now ;)

• Upvote 5

I'm not sure whether you guys know this or not, since it seems to be a relatively new development at the airport:

At the intersection between RWY 25R and 19, at holding point B1, the surface of the intersection has been painted green. It should be visible (and a lot more obvious than my explanation was) on the included picture.

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 3

Please just fix the incorrect stuff at least! The rounded building to the south of that SAT image was made into a terminal in the scenery, it is NOT, it is an office building that whole area is. There's no jetways, I work at brussels airport daily on the construction site of the building in that SAT image. I took a pic of it which I can upload too. No idea why DSF added it into a terminal when it's not even connected to one. There are stands at it yes but that's it.

• Upvote 1

Anybody any other images for this?

Hello Mathijs,

Yes, for sure; I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago.
Note that the building linking the old "satelitte" with the old terminal has now been destroyed, and the construction works for the new headquarters of Deloitte is in its advanced stage; this week, the windows are installed on the new building...

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

I drove yesterday on the R0 in Brussel and noticed that Brussels airport has put a big billboard with Brussels Airport + logo on it.

It is situated at the employee parking.

Is this something you will add to the scenery?

I don't have a picture of it (sadly), but maybe one of the regular travellers can post one over here

• Developer

I drove yesterday on the R0 in Brussel and noticed that Brussels airport has put a big billboard with Brussels Airport + logo on it.

It is situated at the employee parking.

Is this something you will add to the scenery?

I don't have a picture of it (sadly), but maybe one of the regular travellers can post one over here

Thanks for that info. We will take this into consideration on our development. Altough we have huge stuff from and about the airport, it will be good to get any news like that plus pictures. 

I found this one on the FB page: Front tegen de actiegroepen tegen nachtlawaai rond Zaventem

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t35.0-12/12055151_10207976092508500_1272600901_o.jpg?oh=fbd20975ce07d15b85ab59ef6415c53b&oe=561DDF06

This one is about 1,5 weeks old so the logo is missing. I will also ask other groups to participate to this beautiful scenery! :)

Hi everybody,

I've asked some people of a spotters FB-group.

One of them is going to take a picture of it and will hopely share it :)

I think you are referring to me, at least I think ;-)

Anyway, the good news is that I've taken some photos of the new Brussels Airport sign, under excellent weather conditions. I have attached a total of six images as one zip archive to this post. I hope this helps to add some more details to the new Brussels Airport by Aerosoft.

Aerosoft and its developpers are free to use these images for the sole purpose of creating the new Brussels Airport add-on software as mentioned in this thread.

Best regards,

Ivan Coninx

Brussels Airport 06.zip

Indeed :) thank you again!!!

At night the logo and letters is illuminated (logo red, letters white)

but I don't remeber if it is only the outline or the full letters/logo... anyone knows?