Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

• Developer

Hi everybody,

I think you are referring to me, at least I think ;-)

Anyway, the good news is that I've taken some photos of the new Brussels Airport sign, under excellent weather conditions. I have attached a total of six images as one zip archive to this post. I hope this helps to add some more details to the new Brussels Airport by Aerosoft.

Aerosoft and its developpers are free to use these images for the sole purpose of creating the new Brussels Airport add-on software as mentioned in this thread.

Best regards,

Ivan Coninx

Brussels Airport 06.zip

Apuneger- thanks alot for your superb (!) screens. I'm sure you all will love to see this big and nice sign from air along the approach!

• Developer

Some shots of the big light pole at the old "sattelite". Copyright Edwin Vanoverschelde

Thanks for that. As I'v mention before, right now we are not facing and gaps with the reference info. Having said that, and as we all know this airport (like many others) having majors changings all the time. Hence, if you have any "good stuff" (LOL) feel free to email me at : razgoeta@gayasim.com .

We really hope to show you some exciting images of the new version of Mega Airport Brussels

Well there are regularly some useful things on some Brussels Airport spotting groups. Let us know what you guys need and maybe we can get it for you :). As there are a few persons who are ground crew at Brussels internal pics of the connector etc can often be arranged :). I've also heard that they will remove the football field at 'Melsbroek' to gain some extra airport terrain. (Dutch http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20151016_01922837?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=nieuwsblad&utm_content=article&utm_campaign=seeding) 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am still interested in EBBR version for FS2004

Sorry but that is very unlikely.

Good evening,

I'm wondering that here

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12861&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight Simulation&s_language=english

EBBR is announced for FS9, FSX and P3D?

If this was a true new EBBR for FS9, I'd be very happy!

Regards,

Harald

Good evening,

I'm wondering that here

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12861&s_design=DEFAULT&shopfilter_category=Flight Simulation&s_language=english

EBBR is announced for FS9, FSX and P3D?

If this was a true new EBBR for FS9, I'd be very happy!

Regards,

Harald

Here you got your answer:

Okay, let me share (20:30 Friday evening and two glasses of wine, I really need to get a life).

The project as it was done so far was not to our standards. So we arranged to get the current files and it will now be completed internally. That's why I written it is not behind schedule because basically we are making the schedule again. Even  though that means a delay it is good news for the project. 

Brussels is an important project for us. We got one of our offices there and it is a very important airport in Europe even though it does not rank high in numbers.

So basically the original developer did have plans for an FS9 version, but he's not in charge anymore. That announcement was made when he still was in charge, so back then it was correct. But since Aerosoft took over development internally the intention for an FS9 scenery has been dropped.

• Upvote 1

A same Brussel airport billboard is located at the intersection where you have to choose departure or arrival and car park.

It is in between the 2 ways.

Just did a visit of the airport, but didn't have the time to picture the billboard... :(

Hi,

First of all i wanted to thank Aerosoft and the Flight Sim community for all the work that has been put into this work of art.

I was talking to a friend a few days ago about the old "Mega Airport Brussels X" which at the time of release was a revolution in the Flight sim world. In terms of texturing, 3D modeling and the "Not make FSX blow up" magic these guys have been working on, it was a wonderful experience, especially for me since its my home town. Thats when it grabbed my attention and i thought maybe someone out there made a newer version.

BINGO! and i found this thread :D

Many thank you's for making a V2 of the airport i use the most in my flight simming 

Here a few "not so great and late" pictures i made when i was there in June of 2014 

We took off runway 25R, you can watch the video here

Happy Flying to all, i can't wait for this add-on now that i know its in the works :)

Thank you all

FSNaWaK

Please login to display this image.

• Upvote 2

• Developer

I can just say it's totaly on the right way of developing. 

As mention before- it's new developing from scratch, but it's going very well.

Raz

• Upvote 1

Ah, from Scratch, I was assuming that you were building further on the scenery delivered yet by IDS.

But keep up the good work, It will be surely great! Maybe the Deloitte building will be done and integrated in the release?

@jenstt Just wait for some previews.. let's first see the quality otherwise you'll get quite alot of negative comments because the expectations are pretty high before even shots are shown in the preview thread ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Developer

Keukenrol and Pieter666- can you please send me a map or any info you have about the buildings which are not with us any more and the major changes you mentioned?

Thanks.

• Upvote 1