Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Hello,

As Fabian has said above, a lot of preview images have been posted on the Facebook page.

We will have a much more comprehensive update soon. A lot of what is going on at the minute it optimisation and adjustments. All major structures have been completed. For example, today Darren manage to compile 38 separate texture sheets into just 5. This is a drastic reduction in drawcalls, therefore offering better performance.

One more notable feature is that AES Lite has recently been implemented into the FSX version of the scenery. I will post some screenshots of it soon. There is a lot of progress and adjustments been made, just not a lot of noticeable stuff that can be used for lots of preview images. This is certainly not going the same way as Rome. :)

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Why are you guys always giving an expected box-release date when you know you can't finish it? it started from november, continuing on to december, recently it would be finished the 29th of january and now it is forseen the 26th of february... I really want the scenery to be good, and therefore I really understand that it takes time, but giving your buyers a wrong and TOO-early date is misleading and not pleasant for us...

I guess that's because of a technical issue, the release date cannot be empty. There needs to be something. But as long as I can remember Aerosoft has always said you shouldn't look at that because it's just a meaningless placeholder.

Maybe it's an idea to put in some date in the far future. That's the way we do it at my work. For some issues we need to fill out a date when they will be fixed, but we don't know that until they have been fixed. In that case we enter the furthest date wich the software accepts, wich is 31-12-2099.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A new version of Brussels is good... but the old one still looks good and nobody has ever done EBLG! Can you do EBLG next?

Errrr depends on where you are looking, - several FREEWARE EBLG sceneries for FSX are made + one payware, do your research a litte deeper ;)

A new version of Brussels is good... but the old one still looks good and nobody has ever done EBLG! Can you do EBLG next?

I admit the old version of EBBR is good, but it is horrible on my FPS (this is a known problem with this scenery) :

I usually get around 25FPS, but when I am at Brussels I only get around 6-8FPS...

Also, the old version is pretty good, but is getting a bit out-dated (for example: rwy 02/20 is now 01/19, there is a new connector...)

So, from my point of view, I think it is very good there is a new version of EBBR coming ;)

Errrr depends on where you are looking, - several FREEWARE EBLG sceneries for FSX are made + one payware, do your research a litte deeper ;)

Can you help me find it? The pay one. Freeware all have default building texture

• Deputy Sheriffs

Ok guys, let's keep the preview thread as a preview thread for the Aerosoft products. If you wanna share other none Aerosoft things you can either sent eachother a PM or post it in the general thread away from the preview thread ;)

• Upvote 3

There was some delay adding AESlite to the product but that is all being done now. Progress is good and I am sure we'll be able to announce some date soon.

This was posted almost one month ago, how is progress up to now may I ask? Last thing I heard textures were being optimised for reduced memory usage.. Is the end in sight or still more work to do then was expected when you made the post?

Ok guys, let's keep the preview thread as a preview thread for the Aerosoft products. If you wanna share other none Aerosoft things you can either sent eachother a PM or post it in the general thread away from the preview thread ;)

My point is begging you to do an Aerosoft EBLG! sorry to be off topic. Looking forward to this scenery

My point is begging you to do an Aerosoft EBLG! sorry to be off topic. Looking forward to this scenery

I'd love EBGL as well. However, this isn't the place for that.

Guys, there is one EBLG in development already by another company and we have no intention to do it at the moment.

And now back to Brussels (the real one, not the Ryanair Brussels! ;))

• Upvote 4

Ryanair flies to the real Brussels as well, just like they fly to Brussels South (Charleroi). But as you said, no need to discuss that one here. No need to discuss it anywhere I would say because there is a good Charleroi scenery already. So let's keep it to Zaventem.

• Upvote 1

Okay :( it's just frustrating to not have any news all of a sudden while a month ago everything was looking +- finished

Yeah the scenery is almost finished but those last bits. The point on the i that is what takes time. But be assured the product is progressing nicely. Very nice on FPS in P3D

• Upvote 2