Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Am 7.4.2022 um 15:50 schrieb Jo Erlend:

You can enter your estimated departure time in the flightplan section of the VDGS ui menu (along with the destination as Mathijs mentioned above). So the EDT countdown is based on whatever time you've added there and isn't a predefined value.

Are those VGDS menus accessible from VR?

@Mathijs Kok can you confirm that the VDGS module isn´t ready for EDDK and EDLP yet? I had halfway hoped to test it during the easter :)
I´ve downloaded the module (s) via Aerosoft one but it doesn´t recognize the airports. 

• Aerosoft
13 minutes ago, fly3400 said:

@Mathijs Kok can you confirm that the VDGS module isn´t ready for EDDK and EDLP yet? I had halfway hoped to test it during the easter :)
I´ve downloaded the module (s) via Aerosoft one but it doesn´t recognize the airports. 

Let me find out.

• Developer

Trondheim, Cologne and Paderborn do indeed need an update for the VDGS module to work, all of which are slated for release soon. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Jo Erlend said:

Trondheim, Cologne and Paderborn do indeed need an update for the VDGS module to work, all of which are slated for release soon. 🙂

Cool - I´ll look forward to it then. Happy Easter :)

• Aerosoft
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

It uses the standard display engine from the sim so I do not predict any problem.

Hi guys, to elaborate a bit further on that: unfortunatley I don't think the UI will be compatible with VR right now, due to the currently limited options for native UI interactions from external programs or WASM.

With that said, as soon as there is a possiblity to employ a fully dynamic UI for those, the plan is to refactor the application into a WASM, so it can potentially also be deployed onto X-BOX.

• Like 1

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 4/15/2022 at 8:10 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

No, all our development for P3D has been halted a year back. Sorry, just not enough customers.

And before anyone responds with "but there are so many P3D users...", what matters is customers, not users, for any new projects.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 5:10 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

No, all our development for P3D has been halted a year back. Sorry, just not enough customers.

Will the Brussels Airport Megapack (scenery) come to xbox version of MSFS ?

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, vlieger202 said:

Will the Brussels Airport Megapack (scenery) come to xbox version of MSFS ?

Yes, all our products are created for all platforms:  PC, MSFS Cloud and Xbox and will be available on our shop, our affiliate shops (11 by now) and the MS Marketplace.

Btw British Avgeek (we love his YT channel) made some nice images today.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, all our products are created for all platforms:  PC, MSFS Cloud and Xbox and will be available on our shop, our affiliate shops (11 by now) and the MS Marketplace.

THX for your amazing anwser. i am living in Belgium, playing MSFS on xbox. can't wait to have my National Airport in full glory in the sim :) 

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We had great pleasure providing service to him on VATSIM :)

Certainly more people to follow suit soon!

On 4/17/2022 at 5:59 PM, vlieger202 said:

THX for your amazing anwser. i am living in Belgium, playing MSFS on xbox. can't wait to have my National Airport in full glory in the sim :) 

En niet vergeten, één van de mooiste luchthavens die gemaakt is voor msfs :). 

And let's not forget, one of de most beautifull airports at the moment for Msfs. 

• Aerosoft

Start the countdown.... As many of you will know I am an old fart. Been managing FS add-ons (we now call that DLC's) for around 25 years.  Think I was involved with over 500 projects. I've been around. But what Jo Erlend (and the crew from Aerosoft in regards to the VDGS) have done on this project is very very special.

It is without hesitation that I can say this is the best scenery I have ever seen. You will find products that are better in a specific aspect, but as a total project, modeling, texturing, animations, framerates, this one takes the cake. The use of the very latest technologies shines through everywhere. 

Oh btw, I am not the Project Manager for this project, that is William Lennox. He also has been around. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Start the countdown....

According to the first look it will release tomorrow right?

Just a little bit of nitpicking.... I see busses of 'De Lijn' on the airside...
De Lijn is a bus company which handles the transport between cities, on the airside they don't drive ;)

But I'm very happy that the airport will be available tomorrow, I can't wait!!

Lot of Z buffer conflicting especially on the terminally glass, of is that due to a local issue of video or driver?

Day one purchase great work following this for a long time and a piece of art 🙂

On 4/15/2022 at 6:02 PM, Herman said:

And before anyone responds with "but there are so many P3D users...", what matters is customers, not users, for any new projects.