Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

• Developer
7 minutes ago, A320pilot23 said:

Speaking of VDGS. Does it work independent of the default MSFS gate assignment or is it like at Aerosofts Cologne airport where VDGS only works at the gate you’re cleared to by ATC? Sorry if this has been answered before.

The module works independently of the MSFS ATC, to activate a system you simply select it from the UI menu. It's also possible to preselect which stand you plan on parking at, that way it's gonna activate automatically without the need to bring up the UI after arriving. :)

• Like 6

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Mathijs Kok:

As I said, this is not a normal release. Jo (and the internal team that does the VDGS plugin for this and many other of our airports) really use it as a testbed of what is possible. 

Let me show you two images I made today. 

Please login to display this image.

This is the level of detail that is possible in the sim at this moment.  It is staggering if you compare that to what we were used to only 3 years ago.

Amazing indeed. Would it be technically possible today, to have terminal glass reflections to see your own aircraft at the gate? I know that nobody would do that for performance reasons.

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I always wondered why nobody was using this for scenery. It is an amazing technology. 

That's why EBBR is not a normal airport ;)

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Jo Erlend:

What's reflected and how it's reflected is in general handled by the graphics engine itself, simply speaking for a texture we just define if a part should be shiny and if so how shiny it should be :)
MSFS already reflects dynamic objects such as the user aircraft, however due to the way reflection maps are generated it's only visible when looking at the windows from a sharp angle.

Inhalt verstecken

Speaking of windows! Something that hasn't really been showcased yet is the parallax texture mapping used to generate fake building interiors around the airport. (No extra geometry, just smoke and mirrors.)

Very nice and sad at the same time, as you would see your aircraft on a lot of terminals wich have glass and not only from sharp angles, now that I know it’s already implemented. 

12 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I always wondered why nobody was using this for scenery. It is an amazing technology. 

beautiful, do you know give an approximate date?

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nine minutes to pushback, time to get the flight deck organized.

Is the time customisable or does it default to say 30 minutes as you load in?

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Nine minutes to pushback, time to get the flight deck organized.

Release on April 15? :P

• Developer
22 hours ago, EasternT3 said:

Is the time customisable or does it default to say 30 minutes as you load in?

You can enter your estimated departure time in the flightplan section of the VDGS ui menu (along with the destination as Mathijs mentioned above). So the EDT countdown is based on whatever time you've added there and isn't a predefined value.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, Aleksandar Vujasin said:

So as this is not a "normal release" and it uses independent software, will this be available in the MSFS marketplace? And if yes, will it be possible to use the external software with a marketplace download?

The airport is a standard release and will be offered to Microsoft for PC, Xbox and Xbox Cloud. 

The module is a separate (free) bit of software that should work with all PC versions. Inc!using the Marketplace versions. On release it will cover four of our airports. 

• Like 6

I see that the modules are already available as optional dependencies via Aerosoft One :) Is this a clue a release is happening soon?

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2022 at 5:59 PM, Jo Erlend said:

What's reflected and how it's reflected is in general handled by the graphics engine itself, simply speaking for a texture we just define if a part should be shiny and if so how shiny it should be :)
MSFS already reflects dynamic objects such as the user aircraft, however due to the way reflection maps are generated it's only visible when looking at the windows from a sharp angle.

Reveal hidden contents

Speaking of windows! Something that hasn't really been showcased yet is the parallax texture mapping used to generate fake building interiors around the airport. (No extra geometry, just smoke and mirrors.)

That is crazy!!! Wow, that looks so good.

55 minutes ago, Er!k said:

Here is the trailer:

I am so glad that Aerosoft have contracted AviationLads for their trailers. Totally industry leading, and the quality is just insane - gets you hyped to purchase the product every time!

• Like 2

So anytime now :)

How do they manage to get so much moving traffic? I have AIG set at 100% and still get only some moving at major airports like EDDM, LSZH and so on. Sorry for being off topic.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, pchitkara said:

So anytime now :)

How do they manage to get so much moving traffic? I have AIG set at 100% and still get only some moving at major airports like EDDM, LSZH and so on. Sorry for being off topic.

You have to Install all liveries / planes available on the AIGManager.

Anyway, really looking forward this masterpiece, i'm sure EBBR will be à gamechanger ! :)

The VDGS module is ready to download now - however i think they need to update the airports before it works (tried EDDK and EDLP, no luck). 
Looking forward to trying it - before getting Brussels :)