Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

3 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

exactly that - reduce in cockpit performance. I dont mind the guy directing the aircraft in tho.

According to the top-notch work Jo Erlend did with EDDK, ENVA and EDLP with custom animated passagers, you shouldn't be afraid of performances. I didnt notice a fps loss when it was implemented, so i'm 99.9% sure it will be the same with EBBR. Otherwise it would be basically unplayable  with this kind of Hub :)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Hugo_J said:

According to the top-notch work Jo Erlend did with EDDK, ENVA and EDLP with custom animated passagers, you shouldn't be afraid of performances. I didnt notice a fps loss when it was implemented, so i'm 99.9% sure it will be the same with EBBR. Otherwise it would be basically unplayable  with this kind of Hub :)

Well if thats true then i am ok with Animation :D

• Aerosoft

Had to do some more tests for the Simple Traffic update we are preparing.

Please login to display this image.

The new Brussels Airlines livery will be added btw.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Framerates seem to be okay with the airport at this moment. Having 32 gb of memory really helps with a project like this though!

May be good to test on the recommended (16Gb) rather than the ideal level (32Gb).  If this is going to be available to the same detail on Xbox, the X only has 16Gb memory.

I'm lucky, I have 32Gb on board (admittedly the GPU is lacking as it's still on back order) so should be OK but not everyone can afford to go to those levels at this time

9 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Framerates seem to be okay with the airport at this moment. Having 32 gb of memory really helps with a project like this though!

I have 16 GB of memory, so I was wondering how the performance compares to other Aerosoft projects like Koln-Bonn. I have had no problems with Koln-Bonn performance but I know this project has a lot of extra details, so do you think this project would be able to run smoothly on 16 GB?

• Developer
17 hours ago, Er!k said:

@Mathijs Kok Will the scenery also be updated with correct parking codes so the aircraft will park at realistic positions?

Parking codes are indeed added to the stands, the version Mathijs is showing here is a few weeks old so there's been quite a few changes since then. :)

9 hours ago, kinkleberry said:

I have 16 GB of memory, so I was wondering how the performance compares to other Aerosoft projects like Koln-Bonn. I have had no problems with Koln-Bonn performance but I know this project has a lot of extra details, so do you think this project would be able to run smoothly on 16 GB?

I see roughly 7GB of peak memory use with the FBW A320 at high/ultra-ish 4K settings and that's with still a bit of optimization remaining, so the aim is to have a somewhat similar memory footprint as EDDK, so no, you're not going to need 32GB of ram..

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, Jo Erlend said:

Parking codes are indeed added to the stands, the version Mathijs is showing here is a few weeks old so there's been quite a few changes since then.

And Simple Traffic has just been updated to support these parking codes.

• Like 1

Thank you for the previews. It does look great. Keep up the good work! Wishing you a smooth further development 🙂 

P.s. You'd make my day with a picture of that beautiful A330 nose 😉 

• Thanks 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Mathijs Kok:

A German Aerologic aircraft?

Are you looking for a research manager? :D

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerologic

Honestly, if you don't enjoy doing AI/Static planes, then just leave it for the better of everybody.
Those models are not right + their liverys. What's the sense of adding them?

• Upvote 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Jo Erlend:

Hi Timm, the scenery itself doesn't include any static/ai traffic. As Mathijs said in his post he was doing some tests with a ai traffic add-on called simple traffic.

Hi Jo, good to know :D Especially your addons always stand for the top-notch quality!

9 hours ago, Marco1987 said:

Great to see brussels airport getting into so much detail i live 2 min away  . I hope you will not need a pc from nasa to run it  🙂 

Must be cool to live so close to a big Hub? I was there summer 2020 when there was very little people about so it was a shame that there wasn't much aircraft.

3 hours ago, JasonmCork said:

Must be cool to live so close to a big Hub? I was there summer 2020 when there was very little people about so it was a shame that there wasn't much aircraft.

Yes its just few minute walk away  .There are very few aircrafts parked in the old terminal  mostly tui as they have teste maintenance hangar there and terminal 2 is the same story pretty deserted  , all the aircrafts are manley parked in the new recent terminal  it takes you 20 min to walk to the gate  instead of 5 min in T1 and T2   . Going to brussels airport is like going to the gym it keep you in shape lol , 

Ebci Brussels south has been expanding 2 x more the  brussels airport and its much cheaper airport tax so companies like Ryanair Pegasus Tui wizz  air belgium  ect tend to move to ebci   Brussels south airport .