Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Looks really good guys, a slight remark about the B.house (Brussels Airlines offices) is that since the rebranding they've also changed the look of the building on the road side. See picture on google: https://goo.gl/maps/SRijdKndaRwH8P8GA

Would be great if that is still to be changed, but I would also understand if it's not really a priority :)

8 minutes ago, karty3200 said:

"coming out soon" I have the impression he takes us for fools not to tell us an exact date

I think you need to understand, no developer gives a date unless they are 100% sure, it's nothing to do with being "taken as a fool", Mathijs could say, we'll release on the 28th Feb but what if there's a critical bug found in BETA tomorrow? In flight sim people seem to take dates as gospel, people even got mad in December 2020 when the CRJ didn't release, even though it was never said it was releasing in Dec 2020.

We have been given a date range of Q1 2022, that's still a crap ton better than most other devs give

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

It is always difficult for a developer. If you do not communicate people will be frustrated by a lack of updates. if you communicate a time frame people will complain it is not specific enough and if you communicate a date people will be angry if you cannot meet the date... A lot of people also don't understand that the majority of developers also have other jobs. During the start of the whole COVID-19 pandemic people were at home and a lot of sceneries were produced at that time. No the pandemic is slowly coming to an end people are going out much more, spend time at the office, go out to friends and family and as a result less time for developing. This can also slow work down. Nevertheless, looking forward to Brussels when it comes and in the mean time I have a lot of other nice destinations to visit :)

• Like 4

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 2/24/2022 at 4:09 PM, pchitkara said:

I thought Aerosoft has full time developers?

Er!k made a general comment about the entire flight sim industry, not Aerosoft in particular. 

Also, don't forget that Aerosoft is in many cases just the publisher for add-ons, where the manufacturers don't want to hassle with all the marketing, sales and support stuff but better want to fully focus on development. 

That is by the way the reason way the shop pages always state who the developer and who the publisher is. 

• Like 3

• Aerosoft
On 2/23/2022 at 12:20 PM, karty3200 said:

"coming out soon" I have the impression he takes us for fools not to tell us an exact date

That is fine Karty. As most people here know I will always be as open and honest about release dates.  If you find it hard to accept that it simple is not easy to these things correct so be it, I understand that that upsets some people, we have seen it many times. We will make this forum section inaccessible for you. The last thing we want is potential customers being upset.  The moment the product is released I will personally contact you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
vor einer Stunde schrieb meurkel:

It's been in Beta for like 2 months (since January right?). That's extremely long for a scenery. Even for this size.

With the beta there is now a lot more input flowing in..and I can assure you Jo is simply committed to make this as perfect as possible from a quality and completeness standpoint.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

Wait I did have some images I took last week. They are made on my super wide screen so ignore the distortion, this works brilliantly when you use it.

Please login to display this image.

Just a random gate.

The gate next to that.

I so love that rocket.

90% of the people you see are actually animated btw.

• Like 9

Good Morning Mathijs

I have a question regarding your sentence “We are trying to find the limits of what the sim can do”

Since the new flight simulator and the always improving scenery, I was wondering, where is the limit or what is reasonable to implement.

For example: Do you think, that in the next couple of years we will have scenery which work together with an aerosoft plane? I imagine something like standing in Brussels with my A330 and clicking on a button. Suddenly I see people getting up from there seats, boarding the plane trough the bridge and taking a seat in my airplane. Maybe even hearing pre-recorded announcements when I have a look inside the terminal.

What do you or others here think, will the future of scenery’s look like?
From a visual stand point, I can’t see it getting any better.

• Aerosoft

Interesting thought experiment. In principle all you mention is possible. We have already seen animated persons walking in airbridges etc. Inside the aircraft will be far more complex as you want to be frugal with memory and animated persons eat that up like little else. And that memory load travels with you, does not stay invisible behind on an airport.

However, I am not sure this is what the hobby is about. It's called flight simulator because it simulates controlling an aircraft. Personally I am not sure it should touch many areas a pilot does not deal with. That all takes resources from when I think they would be best used, in the cockpit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

It's called flight simulator because it simulates controlling an aircraft. Personally I am not sure it should touch many areas a pilot does not deal with. That all takes resources from when I think they would be best used, in the cockpit.

Which is why I'm never that fussed about seeing inside a terminal with moving escalators etc - I load up my sim in the cockpit, not in my house or a car on the way to "work".   While I get it will appeal to the screenshot junkies, it really does nothing for me in the slightest other than use up precious memory

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Trevor Hannant said:

Which is why I'm never that fussed about seeing inside a terminal with moving escalators etc - I load up my sim in the cockpit, not in my house or a car on the way to "work".   While I get it will appeal to the screenshot junkies, it really does nothing for me in the slightest other than use up precious memory

I think that everyone will have a slightly different focus or way of using MSFS. I fully respect your focus on the cockpit ... it's totally legitimate and probably even the majority view. Personally, I try to recreate my real-life experience as much as possible, and that's as a passenger. Sure, I need to get my sim A320 up into the air first, but in my head, I'm reliving (or pre-living) some real world flight I took or might take. That's why I love MSFS so much: I've been with MS Flight Sim since it was still SubLogic on the C64 and I was in grade school, but never before MSFS has the entire world been modelled so immersively. FSX allowed some extra-airport sightseeing via "slew mode", but since MSFS, I can actually use the drone to start my trip at my photogrammetrical house, "drive" along the Autobahn to the airport, go through modelled interiors, and get on my plane. I totally get that that's by far not everyone's cup of tea, but it is mine :) Honestly, if in some hypothetical future, TramSim, TrainSim, AutobahnSim and FlightSim could all be combined into one WorldSim, I'd go for it and actually enjoy the full simulation including the ride or drive before and after the flight. 

So for me, these modelled interiors are absolutely stunning and exciting. I really hope the sim allows these to be implemented without costing performance to those of you who find it unnecessary ... I honestly don't want you to be hurt by the memory hit, but so long as that's possible, then I really, really hope that this is the future of add-on airport design :) 

My best,

Tibbo

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, JasonmCork said:

I have to agree, Animated people and detailed internal terminal buildings never sit right with me as they take from the experience in the cockpit.

But doesn't it help to bring the place come to life? Add emersion? Static scenery can get dull pretty quickly imo.

I don't see how it could negatively impact your experience apart from perhaps performance.

• Upvote 3