Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

• Aerosoft

No, but I got a version on my disk that is looks damned good. But as it is the launch 'vehicle' of VDGS we need to make super sure everything works.  Here is a small Christmas gift:

Please login to display this image.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Nicolas AUGUSTE said:

When I say it's will be released in 2022 Q1 or Q2 most people dislike my reply, I say again maybe in Q2 or 2023 

No offense buddy, but let the time go, and we'll see :)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The attention to detail is unprecedented. One can expect the air side to get a lot of attention, but I never expected all that detail on and around the surrounding airport buildings.

On 11/28/2021 at 11:16 AM, Jo Erlend said:

Here's some screenshots from last week, with the way it's shaping up and unless a lot of things goes sideways testing should start for full next month.

I know that any scenery project is just a snapshot at a certain point in time so I'll just leave this info here and leave it up to you to decide what to do with it. ;) 

The DHL and Swissport signs are no longer on that building. DHL moved to the Brucargo side and Swissport Belgium went bankrupt in 2020. I took this photo last week after work.

• Thanks 1

Oh, the busses look unnamed still. The official name of the busses is "De Lijn", meaning "The Stripe". 

It might be funny to call them "De Streep" (just a synonym of "Lijn") to avoid copyright infringement. Saw this in a Belgian comic book (Suske en Wiske) when I was young and I still remember it. 

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Arif VURAL said:

hello, i am a technician at brussels airport, i can help you if you need.
Q1 the car park?

I'm sure @Pilot21 meant in the first quarter of the year and not that he wants the scenery released in the Q-Park. ;) 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

Here's some screenshots from the latest beta, things are starting to shape up and as Mathijs said above Q1 is still the plan!

I don't even have words to describe this top of the art airport... What a tremendous job you've Jo, congrats for achieving this, and really looking forward  EBBR  :)

And by the way, do you know if it could be possible to share a little teaser (little a preview of the feature list)? 😛

• Aerosoft

I can't stress enough what a special project this is. Been doing this for a few decades but this scenery (with the docking module) is simple the best I seen. 

We'll get it to Youtubers before release so you can see it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Incredible work, huge steps - I'd even say leaps - forward in scenery-design.

Can't even think of what comes next, interior sounds, dust/raindrops on windows? Of course for the upcoming years, not now.

Thank you and big thumbs up. Patiently waiting with my wallet ready, you guys deserve every cent.

• Like 1

Hello! Brussels Airport looks awesome! It will be optional to delete static planes? Static planes, however, get in the way of flying VATSIM (unable to park to the gate due to static plane). Thanks!

• Developer

Hi, the scenery doesn't include any static aircraft parked at the terminal stands or remote stands, so the amount of parked aircraft you see at the airport is gonna depend on if you use AI traffic and/or the ground aircraft density you've set in the Traffic settings.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 2/10/2022 at 3:23 PM, a2h said:

Incredible work, huge steps - I'd even say leaps - forward in scenery-design.

Can't even think of what comes next, interior sounds, dust/raindrops on windows? Of course for the upcoming years, not now.

Wish I could share that enthusiasm. I would rather have a sim with optimal aircraft simulations, consistent and photorealistic scenery at about 40 to 60 steady fps, then what I consider useless details and un-consistent attributes; eating up memory and overloading the render engine. To each his own. I certainly look forward to this scenery, but wish there was a 'close to default' mode :) 

BTW: I currently run a setup with 12. generation i9 CPU, DDR5 and RTX 3080ti. Running the simulator at ultra settings at 2,5k resolution. It runs fluid (more than any other flight sim experience before), but running at native 4k resolution, or 2.5k resolution with more complex add-on scenery than currently developed, will require a more powerful computer, and that's actually not possible to build with current available technology.