Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

56 minutes ago, ktomais said:

In which address can I send Belgian pralines and Greek goodies to lobby Jo to make LGAV for MSFS as well? :D 

Fly Tampa is making one, don't think that someone else will cover it after them.

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, piotrmkg said:

Fly Tampa is making one, don't think that someone else will cover it after them.

Depends. If some company has a professional contract for that airport, it will most certainly be redone. Keep in mind that MSFGS is not the only wat to sell code like this. We sold airports to all the major professional sim companies, other game developers, movie and TV studios etc. Sometimes the version our customers see is just a spin-off from professional products. 

• Like 3

Those 8 years + were worth it

Those screenshots of the interior are just like the real thing (and i fly in and out of there a lot)

Amazing work.

I can smell the kerozene/airport smell..... seems like very close now reading Mathijs posts.

Congratze Jo for a masterpiece.

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

I can only say that with my alpha version of Brussels performance is a no brainer, even with a complex aircraft like our CRJ. That is happening with a 6 year old Desktop and a 2 year old Gaming notebook. And that is pre explicit optimizations for performance. So...I doubt anyone would need to loose sleep over removing things like terminal interior or visible pax just to get a resonable flying experience. And just to confirm everyones impression: the visual fidelity and attention to detail is indeed outstanding in the scenery.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Nicolas AUGUSTE said:

I hope after EBBR, Jo Erlend will be released LEBL, LFLL, LFPG for MSFS 

I agree with LFPG, we need a good CDG, 

(MSFS already has a LEBL that does the job, I would rather companies focus on airports not on the market, rather than re-doing airports, unless they have a contract as Mathijs was talking about the other day)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, karty3200 said:

This weekend can be? I hope, well come on I stop forcing

PMDG releases DC-6 on friday, so I don’t have high hopes for Brussels this week.

1 hour ago, karty3200 said:

This weekend can be? I hope, well come on I stop forcing

PMDG releases DC-6 on friday, so I don’t have high hopes for Brussels this week.

Although I don't see a PMDG aircraft stopping the release of an Aerosoft Airport, I would agree EBBR isn't within an immediate release timeframe, based of Mathijs's "not far off" I still think EBBR is probably 3-6 weeks off

• Deputy Sheriffs

What got a PMDG release to do with Brussels?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Qu'est-ce qu'une sortie PMDG a à voir avec Bruxelles ?

I agree with you, The Dc 6 is an airplane and Brussels is an airport, two different things

20 minutes ago, EasternT3 said:

Bien que je ne voie pas un avion PMDG arrêter la libération d'un aéroport Aerosoft, je suis d'accord pour dire que l'EBBR n'est pas dans un délai de libération immédiate, basé sur le "pas loin" de Mathijs, je pense toujours que l'EBBR est probablement de 3 à 6 semaines

Let's hope not, it's still almost 1 year since he announced the release of Brussels for mfs

• Deputy Sheriffs
45 minutes ago, karty3200 said:

I agree with you, The Dc 6 is an airplane and Brussels is an airport, two different things

And even more important: two totally different companies! 

• Deputy Sheriffs
45 minutes ago, karty3200 said:

Let's hope not, it's still almost 1 year since he announced the release of Brussels for mfs

Please be a little bit more careful with your wording.

There is a huge difference between announcing a new project and announcing a release.

The first one doesn't include any hint on a release date or timeframe at all. It just says "hey, we are working on a new project". 

And working for a year or longer on a highly detailed new product is actually quite common.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Please be a little bit more careful with your wording.

There is a huge difference between announcing a new project and announcing a release.

The first one doesn't include any hint on a release date or timeframe at all. It just says "hey, we are working on a new project". 

And working for a year or longer on a highly detailed new product is actually quite common.

oh yes I hadn't seen it that way, thank you and sorry in then

On 15.6.2021 at 11:32, EasternT3 sagte:

I agree with LFPG, we need a good CDG, 

(MSFS already has a LEBL that does the job, I would rather companies focus on airports not on the market, rather than re-doing airports, unless they have a contract as Mathijs was talking about the other day)

And we need EDDF...😅 LFPG is good compared to EDDF...hope we see it soon

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

we need all of major airports including EDDF, LFPG, EGLL - handcrafted ones simply fall short compared to these fabulous products from quality, performance and a lot of other aspects.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• Developer

Not sure which specific LOD you're asking about?

If you're thinking of the sharpness of the terrain features/ortho images when you're at a distance that's controlled by the sim itself through its graphics options.

The different LOD states 3D objects have are controlled by us, so we're able to remove unnecessary detail when you move away from assets and see them at a distance.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 9:33 AM, Jo Erlend said:

Not sure which specific LOD you're asking about?

If you're thinking of the sharpness of the terrain features/ortho images when you're at a distance that's controlled by the sim itself through its graphics options.

The different LOD states 3D objects have are controlled by us, so we're able to remove unnecessary detail when you move away from assets and see them at a distance.

Hi Jo. I mean runways, taxiways, buildings of the airport etc. I'm sure you've seen airports appear pixelated or blurry at altitude. So that's the LOD control I'm referring to. Perhaps that's currently a limitation of the sim. It won't detract from the airport in any case, just curious. :)