Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Anders, I agree with you. Perhaps if names were shown for down votes it would make people think a little more carefully before they act.

I’ll say it again. I see no gain for having the downvote option. If someone fundamentally disagrees with a post they should post a reply instead of hiding behind a keyboard.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

vor 4 Stunden , Anders Bermann sagte:

@FWAviation

First of all - I don't complain! I'm merely bewildered about the actions of other users in here, since I quite offend, I find my posts being down-voted, even though, there's isn't a touch of negative, rude or otherwise offensive expressions in it. It's a bit mystifying to me, to be honest. 

Well, then let‘s call it „you are repeatedly making an issue out of the down-votes“ - and that might even provoke someone to down-vote you again and again, just in order to annoy you. I rather ignore down-votes, and this is what I would recommend to you as well.

• Upvote 5

Hi Aerosoft, I see you deleted my message about 'another developer'. My only intention was that it is really's Murphy's law with this project. Trying hard to succeed, and when everythings seems to be back on track another developer jumps in...Of course I do know it not influences your roadmap and development. Saw the same thing happening with Gianni's Salzburg in the past. Too bad, but that's the market nowadays… FSDG had the same with Rhodos. Announced it for this year, now a bit delayed and all of a sudden another version. FSDG will still develop because they will offer a different kind of add-on. So, in short... still following this project but still not a good feeling about the removal.

• Upvote 10

• Deputy Sheriffs

Erik, this is the preview topic for the Aerosoft version. There are lots of places around to discuss other manufacturers products (like the general discussion topic), but please understand that this topic is not the place for that. Thank you.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Erik, this is the preview topic for the Aerosoft version. There are lots of places around to discuss other manufacturers products (like the general discussion topic), but please understand that this topic is not the place for that. Thank you.

Mea culpa... Jo Erlend will do magic on this one :)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

Of course it wouldn't be good if this topic was only about the competing product, I absolutely get that. But on the other hand I feel it has the right to be mentioned. That would also give us the ability to compare and maybe give some reasons to go for this one instead of the competing one. If you're simply removing every mentioning of a competing product that wouldn't feel right, it's as if you're saying "our product sucks and the competing product is much better, but as long as we pretend the competing product doesn't exist people will think this is the only one and still buy it". Of course I know the Aerosoft product won't suck, specially when Jo Erlend will be the developer, but to be honest neither does the competing product.

I recall the Kiruna preview topic where ORBX Kiruna was mentioned multiple times. That's a competing product as well, how is that any different from this one? Why is ORBX allowed to be mentioned as a competitor but Digital Design / JustSim not?

After this has been answered, back on topic. Not that there is anything on topic, development hasn't even started yet. But still, we might discuss how good it will be and how it might be better than the competing product.

• Upvote 7

• Deputy Sheriffs

Mentioning it is not the problem here. But it sparked a whole discussion about the other products and for that this topic is not available. That's why all those posts have been removed and my response to Erik was ment to explain it.

• Upvote 2

Mathijs,

I will most likely become unpopular with my question.

I am not going to ask for a release date, but do you have a rough estimate on when Brussels is expected (3 months, 6 months, a year) ?.
The reason why I am asking is I am considering buying Justsim Brussels as a tempoary solution until Aerosoft releases their Brussels scenery. But it also depends on the timeframe.

Best regards

Peter Lund

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Certainly not three months!

Appreciate the reply, Mathijs... 

But that was kind of an ambiguous answer... is it more or less than 3 months?

1 hour ago, Anders Bermann said:

Appreciate the reply, Mathijs... 

But that was kind of an ambiguous answer... is it more or less than 3 months?

Longer... Jo Erlend is going to work on the airport, but work has not begun (as far as I can see here at the forums, I am not an Aerosoft employee) and Jo Erlend is now busy finishing Köln-Bonn (EDDK)...

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, hotas said:

Is this project death?

No, but there is nothing to report.

All we know is that Jo Erlend would start developing Brussels after he finished Cologne-Bonn. The release of Cologne-Bonn was a few months ago, so if it all goes according to plan this means Brussels is only in development for a couple of months. While those first few months are important to lay a solid base, there's not really anything to show yet. It's no exception for a scenery to take up to two years development time, so have some patience.

Edit by mod: Last line removed. Patrick, we told you a couple of times already we do not accept recommending customers to buy the competition. You write highly recognized and apprechiated posts, but you need to accept that this forum is part of our marketing.

• 4 months later...

Hi there

Sorry if there are so many posts in 35 pages of this Brussels International airport scenery for me to find answer but I am wondering if this new scenery will be available for FSX, please?

And please accept my apologies if it has already mentioned many times in hundreds of posts of 35 pages of this Brussels airport thread but I hope you realize you cannot expect me to look for answer manually searching for hundreds of posts of 35 pages and search engine which can save me time is NOT perfect science.  Smiling

Thank you for understanding   I always want latest version of Brussels international airport.

Regards,

Aharon

• Aerosoft

I have no idea if we'll do a 32 bit version, it all depends on how expensive it is to remove half the content to end up with a 2014 level project for a very limited audience.  if it can be done in a few weeks we'll consider it because we love to include our FSX customers (there for sure is no money to be made). So to be honest, the chance for a 32 bit version is not very large.

As we always said, there are still a huge amount of FSX user, but not many of them are willing to invest in new addons for a simulator that is close to 10 years old.

• Like 1

@Mathijs Kok,

Thanks for answer and not a problem.  Understandable what you are saying  Not a problem   At least there are many other Aerosoft sceneries available on market for FSX use. I might buy Aerosoft Ayres Rock airport scenery for FSX soon.

FSX might be ten years old to you but it is TIMELESS classic to me and I am very happy with FSX and have NO intention to go to P3D or XP-11. I will NOT go to Microsoft Flight Simulation 2020 unless Microsoft makes announcement that everything in FSX is compatible for Microsoft Flight Simulation 2020.

Ha ha ha and thanks for your answer. It is not problem and I understand. 

Smiling

Regards,

Aharon

• 2 months later...