Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Interestingly enough, the best scenery out there for any Belgian airport in my opinion is Antwerp Airport (EBAW) and it's freeware. Too bad that airport only handles Fokker 50's and Embraer E-jets irl. I know because I was born and raised in Antwerp lol. So if EBBR gets done, you can bet your rear end I will get that airport, I need that sexy A/T terminal and connector building in my P3D life.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Chelesty said:

Interestingly enough, the best scenery out there for any Belgian airport in my opinion is Antwerp Airport (EBAW) and it's freeware. Too bad that airport only handles Fokker 50's and Embraer E-jets irl. I know because I was born and raised in Antwerp lol. So if EBBR gets done, you can bet your rear end I will get that airport, I need that sexy A/T terminal and connector building in my P3D life.

Indeed! While waiting for the aerosoft version you can take a look at belux scenery. They made a freeeware of BRU (EBBR_V1) with default library objects to get a better immersion than with the default airport. For example the connector building is on it and all gates are there and according to the latest aip. Take a look on facebook or on their wordpress website, certainly worth the try while waiting for this scenery.

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2018 at 1:59 PM, keukenrol said:

Indeed! While waiting for the aerosoft version you can take a look at belux scenery. They made a freeeware of BRU (EBBR_V1) with default library objects to get a better immersion than with the default airport. For example the connector building is on it and all gates are there and according to the latest aip. Take a look on facebook or on their wordpress website, certainly worth the try while waiting for this scenery.

I have tried it in fact! It certainly does the job if all you're going for the operational accuracy, but I just like the eye candy too much haha. But I do have it loaded in just in case I need it.

EDIT: Nice username btw, Keukenrol :p

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes.... as said before this is the project from hell. 

But I promise, hand on heart, that the new dev is one that is 100% reliable. 

I have read on the Facebook page of gayasim that they are developping the scenery. (not officially announced yet). 

I thought they failed to finish this project one time already? 

• Upvote 1

vor 15 Stunden , StevenN sagte:

I have read on the Facebook page of gayasim that they are developping the scenery. (not officially announced yet). 

I thought they failed to finish this project one time already? 

I assume that they are now developing and publishing "on their own", so to speak - without Aerosoft as a distributor. The same was the case when Dreamfactorystudio was the original developer of Aerosoft's Mega Airport Rome, but they terminated their cooperation as well. Dreamfactorystudio released their version of LIRF nevertheless, but without Aerosoft behind them.

13 hours ago, FWAviation said:

I assume that they are now developing and publishing "on their own", so to speak - without Aerosoft as a distributor. The same was the case when Dreamfactorystudio was the original developer of Aerosoft's Mega Airport Rome, but they terminated their cooperation as well. Dreamfactorystudio released their version of LIRF nevertheless, but without Aerosoft behind them.

At this point in time, I'd have anything I could get. It's a shame it isn't happening through Aerosoft but at least our demands are met.

13 hours ago, FWAviation said:

Could be the case, but then my next question will be.. Will the aerosoft Developer start from scratch? Since Gayasim already finished some modelling. Guess that will take much more time (unfortunately). Since Mathijs said that the project 'isnt started yet'. 

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, Chelesty said:

At this point in time, I'd have anything I could get. It's a shame it isn't happening through Aerosoft but at least our demands are met.

Yeah I see your point, it just did not work out.  We also like to have Brussels, believe me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yeah I see your point, it just did not work out.  We also like to have Brussels, believe me.

Does that mean there is no Brussels scenery coming from Aerosoft? Or u just mean : didnt work out with Gayasim? And u have another Developer for Brussels. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

As said earlier in this topic:

On 7/31/2018 at 7:04 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We realize that. But to make sure this project gets done as we want it it is send to a dev who we know will deliver. When he completes his current project this will be next.

On 8/1/2018 at 8:41 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, not before the work is started and we can show progress.

9 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

As said earlier in this topic:

Not really an answer on my question. Since that statement is already 1.5 months ago, things can change...

There is always a possibilty that Aerosoft decided to give the Brussels scenery out of hands. Since its called the project from hell. And now they know gayasim is continueing their development

vor 5 Stunden , StevenN sagte:

Not really an answer on my question. Since that statement is already 1.5 months ago, things can change...

There is always a possibilty that Aerosoft decided to give the Brussels scenery out of hands. Since its called the project from hell. And now they know gayasim is continueing their development

You should maybe stop reading things into what was written (or not written) here - and accept that what TomA320 repeated is still the current situation. And why should Aerosoft pull out of Brussels completely? If there were quality problems with the Gayasim scenery, those will certainly not be fixed suddenly. Additionally, Gayasim produces an XP11 version first - while Aerosoft is aiming for P3D (and maybe still FSX). So I doubt that Gayasim will really be fierce competition to Aerosoft's version. Aerosoft continued with their Mega Airport Rome project even despite Dreamfactorystudio continued their version. And I assume that that didn't create too much competition for their version either.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FWAviation said:

You should maybe stop reading things into what was written (or not written) here - and accept that what TomA320 repeated is still the current situation. And why should Aerosoft pull out of Brussels completely? If there were quality problems with the Gayasim scenery, those will certainly not be fixed suddenly. Additionally, Gayasim produces an XP11 version first - while Aerosoft is aiming for P3D (and maybe still FSX). So I doubt that Gayasim will really be fierce competition to Aerosoft's version. Aerosoft continued with their Mega Airport Rome project even despite Dreamfactorystudio continued their version. And I assume that that didn't create too much competition for their version either.

I will do that, since my question looks pretty hard to answer. 

Anyway, looking forward to it. 

vor 14 Minuten, Anders Bermann sagte:

@Tom A320

Amazing news!

Does this future scenery by Jo, relate to this 'preview topic'?

Well, which other preview topic should it relate to? ;) This is the Brussels preview, and Jo will apparently be the trustworthy developer Mathijs mentioned earlier who will take over the Brussels project soon.

21 minutes ago, FWAviation said:

Well, which other preview topic should it relate to? ;) This is the Brussels preview, and Jo will apparently be the trustworthy developer Mathijs mentioned earlier who will take over the Brussels project soon.

I'm sorry, but it could very well be, that this topic was closed down, and a new one opened, once previews of Jo's scenery came in...

Since this topic was intended for a different developer, it would be very plausible to close down this topic to avoid confusion. 

• Upvote 1

• Deputy Sheriffs

I think there is no need to discuss that already now, as no work has been started yet, and therefore we are still far away from having anything to show at all ;) 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

I think there is no need to discuss that already now, as no work has been started yet, and therefore we are still far away from having anything to show at all ;) 

Roger that. Thanks, Tom!

(What's the matter with (some) people in here?! Why did I get a 'down-vote' for that post?!) :huh:

vor 5 Stunden , Anders Bermann sagte:

Roger that. Thanks, Tom!

(What's the matter with (some) people in here?! Why did I get a 'down-vote' for that post?!) :huh:

Maybe because someone found your question odd, since you asked it in the active Brussels preview topic and no other Brussels topic was around? Who knows. But since you seem to complain quite regularly about down-votes for your posts, this might not make you more popular among some users. I know that down-votes can be a pain in the neck, but don‘t let them crawl under your skin. Rise above them.

• Upvote 1

Roger that.

@FWAviation

First of all - I don't complain! I'm merely bewildered about the actions of other users in here, since I quite offend, I find my posts being down-voted, even though, there's isn't a touch of negative, rude or otherwise offensive expressions in it. It's a bit mystifying to me, to be honest. 

• Upvote 2