Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Brussels Airport uses a preferential runway system. Unless winds break certain limits, they continue to use 25L and 25R for active operations.

25R is usually used for take-offs, with the odd landing in between. 25L is mostly used for landings, with the VERY rare take-off in between. (Mostly heavies needing the longest available runway).

Until recently, the crosswind/tailwind component was respectively 15 and 5 knots. The tailwind component has been raised to 7 knots.

When these criteria are met, the preferential runway system is used:

DEP RWY     ARR RWY
Mo-­Fri          25R           25L
Sa              20* / 25R**   25R
Su              20* / 25R**   25R

On sunday, past 11pm local, RWY 20 is adopted for landing if conditions permit.

• 2 weeks later...

Another progress report...slowly but surely this airport is coming together! :)

Nothing of significance with this preview, just some models from the north of the airport. Hope to be able to be in a position to post more previews soon.

Everything in the screenshots is very much work-in-progress.

11007003493_13a01fcb3e_h.jpg

11007000963_ffa9952fce_o.jpg

• Upvote 2

Hallo!

For the trees: could you use different sizes and types, they look all equally and so looks a bit FS2000 alike ;-)

Surrounding buildings would be great, churches, villages, etc. Keep up the great work, looking forward to it :) And please for P3D2 as well :)

• Upvote 1

Hallo!

For the trees: could you use different sizes and types, they look all equally and so looks a bit FS2000 alike ;-)

Surrounding buildings would be great, churches, villages, etc. Keep up the great work, looking forward to it :) And please for P3D2 as well :)

Hello Axel H,

No need to worry about trees. They are placeholders and will not be there in the final release. We will have much more detailed trees which are more realistic. :)

No promises on P3D v2 but we will look into it.

Hi there, on the website of AWG I noticed soms xplane scenerys. So AWG has experience on xpl. Could this mean there will be an Xpl version? Kind regards Jorik Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the devs, if you need pictures on the upgrade of the connector. This gets updated on (mostly) a daily basis. http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/corporate/connector/connimg/

But as I'm able to see the modeller did some pretty good work on the connector already based on the images I provided earlier in this topic :).

If you would need some airport access stuff I'm sure I can bring you into contact with the spokesman of Brussels Airport who can arrange a visit for you if you'd like.

EDIT: as for the jetairport (Jetairfly's new maintenance and office hangar at BRU) I'm sure Thomas (Kriva) can get you some pictures from the airside part of the airport.

Been a little while since the last progress report was posted. Darren has not been sitting idle though. :)

Airport is beginning to come together but no imminent release!

11612154536_0c4e7f8b4c_h.jpg

11611398595_9f23980327_h.jpg

11611392465_87b0b62f6d_h.jpg

11611382555_6b9f35ded7_h.jpg

As you can see, progress has been made and is continuing to be made by Darren.

All feedback welcome and a big thank you to everyone offer assistance on this project. It is greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 6

Could you please make the jetways work with the default commands? I don't wanna buy AES because I don't like the credit system so I'm using GSX but it would be a real letdown if the jetways are static in that case like in the previous Mega Airport version.. Thanks alot!

Great progress!

• Upvote 3

Could anyone please shed a light on the jetways question :) thanks alot! (Don't know which was the case for the recently released Oslo Mega Airport..?)

Hello,

Currently there are no plans to use the default jetway system. It is expected the AES will be required for such a feature but should our stance change I will let you know.

• Upvote 3