Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Hi,

great that a new Brussels-Zaventem is being worked on! :)

Will you also include some surrounding objects? I only know them from pictures from plane spotter sites. A church and urban settlements you can see there with plenty of vegetation, I think some guys here know what I mean. Will this fit to FTX Global nicely? Will you include a great AFD with x-wind landing and proper airline assignment? questions, questions, question... ;-)

brgds,

Axel

Progress is great, the ground polygon is inserted (it did cost an arm and a leg but it is a fine image). It's being considered to make two versions, one for FSX with 1k textures and one for P3D with larger textures. The larger textures will save a lot of draw calls and thus speed things up.

FWIW you can force-use 4k resolution textures by exporting them without mipmaps. It is a tradeoff though.

Hello :: Nice to read a new making of Brussels Airport is coming, I still use FS2004/FS9.

Is there an update coming for the existing Aerosoft - Dream Factory Studio "Mega Airport Brussels"?

This with the new connector in construction, and with the correct indication of the runway?

As a result of the shift of the magnetic north is the indication of runway 02/20 changed to 01/19. The name change is officially on the night of 18 on September 19, 2013. The other two - parallel - take-off and landing runways at Brussels Airport were in the early 1970s a new name. Until then, they were referred to as job 08L/26R and 08R/26L runway. It already looks as though this will change to 06/24. In a few years.

Thanks

• Aerosoft

Hello :: Nice to read a new making of Brussels Airport is coming, I still use FS2004/FS9.

Is there an update coming for the existing Aerosoft - Dream Factory Studio "Mega Airport Brussels"?

This with the new connector in construction, and with the correct indication of the runway?

As a result of the shift of the magnetic north is the indication of runway 02/20 changed to 01/19. The name change is officially on the night of 18 on September 19, 2013. The other two - parallel - take-off and landing runways at Brussels Airport were in the early 1970s a new name. Until then, they were referred to as job 08L/26R and 08R/26L runway. It already looks as though this will change to 06/24. In a few years.

Thanks

Don't worry the scenery will be fully up to date. As this is a fully development and no old files are used there will be no upgrade option possible.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aaron, I really like these small, quick looks in the 'real' work in progress... Looking forward to the finished product!

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody have any plans or images of the inside of any of the terminals at Brussels National? We would really like to model the inside of the terminal, looks so much better however we will need plans and images of what it looks like. It would be greatly appreciated if anybody could supply us with some information which will assist us in doing so.

If you can be off assistance please send me a private message.

• Upvote 1

We are back with some modelling previews!

As you can see we have the Connector modelled, some areas of the models have textures on them but without all the fancy features like specular, bump mapping etc.

Darren is making great progress.

I would like to thank everyone who is informing us of real world changes at EBBR. We greatly appreciate it.

10539955214_5af99455a0_h.jpg

10539873885_273ec511c5_h.jpg

• Upvote 2

Just a question, will there be a kind of advanced ATC on this airport or do we need to buy the Global Air Traffic Control to make sure the AI planes will land correctly?

Global Air Traffic Control is not a product add-on for FSX. It is a completely separate (and independent) simulation of air traffic control.

We will have an AFD which will allow AI aircraft to land and take-off from the runways, just like every other Aerosoft Mega Airport.

Thanks! I just asked this becouse they always land on 25L and 25R, when they need to land on runway 19 (based on the wind) they still go for 25L and 25R. (This is what I see in the Dreamfactory scenery)