Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

This is the best news I've got from FS world in years!
The older Mega airport Brussels looks ok but is just not up to standards with Frame usage and details.

I was hoping for this for al long time.
Thanks aerosoft!!

• Upvote 2

Hi, I no this is a stupid question as its in very early development but how long till we can we expect this as Iam new here on Areosoft so is it a months wait or more likely next year?

Cheers

A mega airport usually takes about a year, depending on wich airport it is and who develops it. One developer is faster than the other. Some mega airports have taken up to 2 years development time, but I honestly don't expect that here.

Release dates are never given, it's done when it's done. But certainly not within a few months.

• Upvote 1

A mega airport usually takes about a year, depending on wich airport it is and who develops it. One developer is faster than the other. Some mega airports have taken up to 2 years development time, but I honestly don't expect that here.

Release dates are never given, it's done when it's done. But certainly not within a few months.

Ok thankyou very much, as I said not asking for a date just a genral Idea :)

Cheers

• Aerosoft

Progress is great, the ground polygon is inserted (it did cost an arm and a leg but it is a fine image). It's being considered to make two versions, one for FSX with 1k textures and one for P3D with larger textures. The larger textures will save a lot of draw calls and thus speed things up.

post-43-0-67670800-1376489510_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

Progress is great, the ground polygon is inserted (it did cost an arm and a leg but it is a fine image). It's being considered to make two versions, one for FSX with 1k textures and one for P3D with larger textures. The larger textures will save a lot of draw calls and thus speed things up.

attachicon.gifPrev.jpg

I like the sounds of taking advantage of P3D's abitlity to use larger testures to reduce draw calls.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft

I like the sounds of taking advantage of P3D's abitlity to use larger testures to reduce draw calls.

Yes it is a shame it's so hard to keep that parameter in FSX to stick, as far as we know you still need to (re) set it every time you use the settings in FSX.

As Mathijs said on the 14th August we are making great progress. Got another preview today of a near complete ground poly. We are aware of some rough edges on the layout shape but we will get them tweaked and fixed before applying textures. As always this is still work-in-progress.

9523451618_7f1ea089f6_o.jpg

• Upvote 4

Instant buy for me! I fly quite regularly from Brussels, so if you would like photos from anything airside, give me a shout an dill see what I can do.

We are making very pleasing progress on Brussels. Lots of progress over the past week. Today we exported the ground poly into FSX and the process went without a problem. In the preview below there is no AA or mipmaps hence the fuziness and sharp edges on the preview. We will get better previews soon.

For now though an image of a still very much work-in-progress ground poly, everything else is default FSX. Expect some more previews over the coming days.

9568888603_d2a6afe3e8_o.jpg

• Upvote 7

It has been quite a number of days since the last update was posted. Darren is working at full speed on this scenery and is making very pleasing progress. The ground poly is pretty much complete and textures are now being applied to it, though bear in mind that this screenshot does not feature any ground markings because they are being worked on.

Modelling of buildings will begin over the coming days and they will be previewed soon.

As usual all feedback is welcome.

9621212649_c0f9298947_o.png

• Upvote 3

Hi all,

The runway 02/20 at Brussels will change next month to 01/19. Will this be taken into account by the developpers?

Official by the airport authorities:

http://www.brusselsairport.be/en/mediaroom/news/39971/

Kind regards,

Tommy

Hi Tommy,

we are indeed taking this change into account along with the Connector which is currently being building at Brussels National.

Great to see a reworked EBBR comming :).

Just wondering,will the refugee center at rwy25L be included?It's the spot to go spotting at the airport,and would be nice to see it included...same goes for the railway entry tunnel and crossing at the rwy02.

keep it up guys :).

Regards,

Steven

This looks very promising.

EBBR is a classic and a must-buy for me.

On a sidenote, it seems from the pics that the colours would match FTX Global better than the FSX default textures :rolleyes: