Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
On 19.10.2021 at 12:46, M4V3R1CK sagte:

The new system is really a game changer. This might be a bit off-topic but do you guys also have plans to implement this feature in other already released airports like EDDK? Because I guess for future projects it will be implemented where it makes sense.

Thats basically the same system that we also have at EDDK...so work has begun rolling it back into already released airports.

Please login to display this image.

• Like 4

vor 13 Stunden , EBBR X sagte:

Hopefully... this is out when the new pmdg 737 gets released ... 

Yeah its really looking great. Oh and I actually hope that EBBR will be released long before the PMDG 737 as I don't think it will make it before early/mid next year (and not meaning that negative in any way but it will need time if you read between the lines of their own updates and news) :D

Cheers

T.

8 hours ago, Thorsten42 said:

Yeah its really looking great. Oh and I actually hope that EBBR will be released long before the PMDG 737 as I don't think it will make it before early/mid next year (and not meaning that negative in any way but it will need time if you read between the lines of their own updates and news) :D

Aiiie...we ll get slaps from Mathijs if we use this tread to discuss another product which was not my intention but I had to answer to you to tell you that Robert r. wrote that pmdg wants&hope to make the 737 a 2021 product ....so in other words, I hope ebbr will be in 2021 as well....

Anyways...both will be ready when they will be ready whenever that is as we both know. I hate myself for being so darn impatient as a kid for EBBR but the 8 years of patience did that to me... I ll happily fly ebbr with wathever AC and the longer it takes, the better it will be....

• Aerosoft
16 hours ago, EBBR X said:

Aiiie...we ll get slaps from Mathijs if we use this tread to discuss another product 

Nope, PMDG is a very good friend of Aerosoft and Robert a personal friend.  I could not recommend their products more and when (or they) run into an issue we share information.

Brussels seem to be slow in development because we are using it very much as a test bed for new developments. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
31 minutes ago, EBBR X said:

Thank you for the feedback Mathijs. Was heart warming to read ... (except for the test bed part...). 

Honestly, people always think this is a cutthroat business, but nothing could be further from the truth. Just check whose product we sold in box in the last ten years. Or check whose products we now sell in our shop. 

We really miss the shows and events where we meet and drink beer. Certainly with our non European friends it has been a loooong time and that makes things hard. In this business we are used to online contacts and meetings, but the fact we just release Simple Traffic and it is a huge success and I have not been able to meet Jeff (the developer) is weird. Even weirder, I hired two modelers (in Germany!) that we have not seen yet. A whole new world, would never have happened in 2019.

It is really conflicting. COVID that caused people to stay at home was without a doubt a huge boost to our company. So many people that had not looked at Flight Simulator for many years got back in the hobby. Sales have been seriously good even when we had to make the transition to the new sim, normally a painful period. But like every company we had to make serious changes, more people working from home (already 50% of us worked from home), we had to start invent coms methods. I think our size (a company between 50 and 100 people) helped a lot. If things got out of hand we could still pick up the phone and shout at each other. 

• Like 7

Yeah! I spent a lot of time Sliming during lockdown. IM sure they fly Aerosoft product in the spare time also and likewise.

17 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Honestly, people always think this is a cutthroat business, but nothing could be further from the truth. Just check whose product we sold in box in the last ten years. Or check whose products we now sell in our shop. 

We really miss the shows and events where we meet and drink beer. Certainly with our non European friends it has been a loooong time and that makes things hard. In this business we are used to online contacts and meetings, but the fact we just release Simple Traffic and it is a huge success and I have not been able to meet Jeff (the developer) is weird. Even weirder, I hired two modelers (in Germany!) that we have not seen yet. A whole new world, would never have happened in 2019.

It is really conflicting. COVID that caused people to stay at home was without a doubt a huge boost to our company. So many people that had not looked at Flight Simulator for many years got back in the hobby. Sales have been seriously good even when we had to make the transition to the new sim, normally a painful period. But like every company we had to make serious changes, more people working from home (already 50% of us worked from home), we had to start invent coms methods. I think our size (a company between 50 and 100 people) helped a lot. If things got out of hand we could still pick up the phone and shout at each other. 

On 11/18/2021 at 9:27 PM, Mathijs Kok said:

We really miss the shows and events where we meet and drink beer.

I didn't doubt that for a second... (PMDG and others being close to Aerosoft which is a Major player in the community) I attended a few of these shows myself and the feeling is shared (miss those nice diners in Vegas, Lelystad, ...

But please, get another scenery as a test bed 😉...keep  these new technical features and new hangars interiors for an update ;-). 

This being said, it is great to watch and see the historical major addon developper still bringing the highest quality sceneries out there especially with a growing quality competition.... 

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 1:57 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

True and being in similar line myself, can relate to it  and agree 100%

On 11/11/2021 at 10:02 PM, BenBaron said:

Thats basically the same system that we also have at EDDK...so work has begun rolling it back into already released airports.

Please login to display this image.

it's strange because I have EDDK and i never seen that instalation..

• Developer
On 11/23/2021 at 8:58 AM, Rémy737 said:

it's strange because I have EDDK and i never seen that instalation..

The APIS Benjamin posted a screenshot of is still being developed and not yet implemented at EDDK.
Support for the new VDGS module will be added in an update to EDDK at a later date.

(There is a basic VDGS system already implemented at EDDK, this one is based on the default marshaller system and not as advanced as the standalone module.)

• Upvote 1

• Developer

The flight info seen on the VDGS display is indeed dynamic!
The module has an interface where Destination and TOBT can be added, while the flight number is what's assigned in the Aircraft -> Customization menu.

• Like 5

Jo

You crushed it mate. Awesome...

This looks amazing. The wait was/is clearly worth it.

Spent some time zooming on each pictures and I saw a great deal of details... The textures are gorgeous...

I like the that the underpath of the runways are included... 

This made me wonder if 1. 127 bis steenokkerzeel, 2. spotting area and 3. underpath would be included as well?

https://images.app.goo.gl/JMrJYQ7iXG61JZAX7
https://maps.app.goo.gl/3mWUGgDuZs3D6cD4A

Same with railtrack and tunnel next to runway 1....

4.https://maps.app.goo.gl/zXrxMnWC5iVjDFP58

I guess we ll have to wait to find out but again....wow. just wow. 

Thank you for your work

It really does look amazing! Can't wait. I read in this forum that VDGS will be included in all aerosoft airports. Is there a list with the aerosoft airports that have VDGS?

• Aerosoft
On 27.11.2021 at 13:02, NovemberTangoJuliet sagte:

Will the VDGS system be available for the Xbox version too? 

Not initially possible and no timeline, unfortunately. There are about three areas that needed to be added to the msfs sdk before we can run completely internally with the sim.

• Thanks 1

• Aerosoft
vor 21 Stunden , Til1986 sagte:

It really does look amazing! Can't wait. I read in this forum that VDGS will be included in all aerosoft airports. Is there a list with the aerosoft airports that have VDGS?

It is a developing technology that we will be offering scenery developers who are working with us. If and to what extend they actually want to use it though, will still be up to them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...