Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Thank you Mathijs & Jo.

The shots obviously look good.

I'm just puzzled about the fact that you are still figuring out how many quality hangars will be included which makes me believe the airport i thought was around the corner is still far off.

Anyways, we have been waiting for 13 years and Jo is in charge so I guess another year will not hurt

As JBF23 mentionned, it will be the most vivid airport and qualitywise, having seen Koln and the screenshots in this thread.... there is no worries to have.

Looking forward to this..

Keep it up

Thanks for your share

My JAW just dropped.

amazing texturing here.

That last picture (zoomed in 205R sign)

thank you, was not expecting another share this soon.

Great news on the VDGS 

52 minutes ago, Jo Erlend said:

This allows for a highly functional VDGS with airport specific custom stopping points based on aircraft types.

You constantly raise the bar Jo, this feature is one I've quite missed especially as we get more aircraft and GSX

Will the VDGS addon (expansion) what ever it will be, also be available for other developers (airports) to be used such a SODE VDGS/GSX is?

It looks outstanding and the level of detail is really amazing!

• Aerosoft
vor 2 Minuten, Flying_Timm sagte:

Will the VDGS addon (expansion) what ever it will be, also be available for other developers (airports) to be used such a SODE VDGS/GSX is?

It looks outstanding and the level of detail is really amazing!

Mind you that this project is still a very moving target in its early stages. So things can change. But currently, it is targeted to be available for developers who are working together with Aerosoft.

Due to the highly scalable complexity there is also a certain workflow that needs to be followed by the scenery developers. With Brussels we are really maxing out what is possible here complexity-wise: thanks to available information every aircraft type parks at the correct stopping distance which is different for almost every gate. That means even down to the specific version of the aircraft type. So a 737-300 will be parked differently than a -500 or -600.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

• Developer
29 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Jo, in the 3rd picture(gif) the text fades away when the aircraft has left. Is this fading the same as in real life?

What you see in that gif is actually a "ghosting" graphics artifact that happens when using TAA as Anti-Aliasing, so it's not something that's related to the VDGS itself. :)

• Aerosoft
vor 6 Minuten, mopperle sagte:

And where do the data for each type of aircraft come from?

As distance data is specific to every airport...it naturally needs to be provided by the developer as part of the vdgs placement workflow. But as I said...complexity is scalable, so if the developer does not have the data he/she can also choose to just use generic/same distance values for every parking position and aircraft type.

• Like 1

Does this run entirely natively within MSFS? I know MSFS doesn't like programs that don't run internally in the sim, which limits what is allowed on the marketplace...

Basically, will these VDGS systems be part of the airport as sold on the Marketplace?

• Upvote 2

• Developer

You can choose which of the stand docking systems are activated through a menu, so the VDGS works just as well for online flying on VATSIM as it does for offline. As this is an external module it's not reliant on the default ATC in any way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

The new system is really a game changer. This might be a bit off-topic but do you guys also have plans to implement this feature in other already released airports like EDDK? Because I guess for future projects it will be implemented where it makes sense.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, amahran said:

Does this run entirely natively within MSFS? I know MSFS doesn't like programs that don't run internally in the sim, which limits what is allowed on the marketplace...

Basically, will these VDGS systems be part of the airport as sold on the Marketplace?

We simply do not know yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

You can choose which of the stand docking systems are activated through a menu, so the VDGS works just as well for online flying on VATSIM as it does for offline. As this is an external module it's not reliant on the default ATC in any way.

Amazing, thank you so much! 

• Aerosoft
vor 22 Stunden , M4V3R1CK sagte:

The new system is really a game changer. This might be a bit off-topic but do you guys also have plans to implement this feature in other already released airports like EDDK? Because I guess for future projects it will be implemented where it makes sense.

Not going to be too specific as to where and when, but I assume in the end you will be quite satisfied ;).

• Like 4