Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)

Aerosoft Team

This is without a doubt the best scenery I've EVER seen for ANY sim. What a way to set the standard fro sceneries and show what MSFS is capable of!

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jo Erlend said:

Please login to display this image.

I really get this travel-feeling when I see such high detailed interiors, just amazing work and worth every cent. Thank you so much for creating such impressive Sceneries!

Once this is released and I purchased my copy, I need to play one of those airport soundscapes from youtube in background for ultimate Immersion.  Then enjoy a brief walk through the terminal after cockpit preparation.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The amount of details in this small bit is amazing. 

Spoiler

I personally really enjoy creating these small clutter objects, it does end up taking quite a bit of time though..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, cicimicikiller said:

Will there be an option to disable interior?

If there is a serious need we will consider that. It will look very weird though as the terminals are very much made out of glass.

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

If there is a serious need we will consider that. It will look very weird though as the terminals are very much made out of glass.

I ask just because of performance. I own airports in P3D that have terminals and lot's of other things that can be turned off to improve performance, there is nothing weird about them or any other airports without terminals. Of course glass textures are not transparent if interior is disabled.

55 minutes ago, cicimicikiller said:

I ask just because of performance. I own airports in P3D that have terminals and lot's of other things that can be turned off to improve performance, there is nothing weird about them or any other airports without terminals. Of course glass textures are not transparent if interior is disabled.

EDDK has a detailed terminal similar to this, not sure if Jo was also the developer for that one but you'll be surprised at how fps friendly the airport is, given the moving people inside and other details. I don't even have a top end setup and the FPS hit is minimal, so I trust Mathijs when he says MSFS is less problematic with these kinds of visuals. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Anthony Mawaya II said:

EDDK has a detailed terminal similar to this, not sure if Jo was also the developer for that one but you'll be surprised at how fps friendly the airport is, given the moving people inside and other details. I don't even have a top end setup and the FPS hit is minimal, so I trust Mathijs when he says MSFS is less problematic with these kinds of visuals. 

If that's the case then great

1 hour ago, Anthony Mawaya II said:

Jo was the developper (as for ENVA), so I'm fairly sure it  will be super FPS friendly and beautiful.

• Upvote 1

In the the world of MSFS, you want the interiors....truss me. And to Mr. Mawaya's point, so far the interiors have not been a performance determient to date.  This is some amazing works coming our way.  Certainly looking forward to it.

• Upvote 1

The first topic: ...on July 29, 2013.... You can't keep waiting....

Maybe stop filling it with details, most of the users don't have a super PC - so they fly, but don't look at the details.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, jordensluk said:

The first topic: ...on July 29, 2013....

You realize of course that by then there wasn't any MSFS around, right? ;) 

There have been different projects in that past for this airport for FSX and P3D (all documented in this topic). The current version is in the hands of one of the most gifted developers and you can be sure that it will be released, once he sees his piece of art finished, and not a day later.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, jordensluk said:

Maybe stop filling it with details, most of the users don't have a super PC - so they fly, but don't look at the details.

Also it's been stated and I can confirm, detail like this doesn't have a noticeable performance hit even in low-mid range PCs. So have an extra detail while keeping performance is a good thing imo. 

• Upvote 1

Details and immersion are one of the highlights of MSFS. There are other sims at the market which show much less details because of the above meant reason and their outdated architecture. So maybe it could be a good idea to meet one of these sims if somebody doesn't need these "quantities" of details?!

I read a lot of comments like "too much details, not nessessary, too much lego, no time looking for it because I have to handle a systemdepth plane during approach...". Fun! I use the CRJ and the FBW bus and I have always time for a small look outside the window to enjoy myself seeing the overwhelmed landscape; even during approach! Never forget, these details are mirrors of the real world! Not the older landclass architecture.

• Upvote 2

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, jordensluk said:

The first topic: ...on July 29, 2013.... You can't keep waiting....

Yes, we are going for a record here. 

I have never seen a project being hit with so much bad luck. But now it IS getting completed. 

• Like 2

• Aerosoft Team changed the title to Aerosoft Airport: Brussels International (released)
  • Aerosoft Team locked this topic