Twin Otter Extended

Wim Nijveld

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hallo Wim,

Are using other add- ons like TrackIR, EZDok, or the like?

Judging from the picture the VC viewpoint has moved outside the aircraft.

Hallo Wim,

Are using other add- ons like TrackIR, EZDok, or the like?

Judging from the picture the VC viewpoint has moved outside the aircraft.

I don't have the mentioned add-ons. I have the same problem with Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400 - Pilot Edition, both programs purchased, downloaded and installed on 27/7/2013. No other aircraft shows this peculiar view

• Deputy Sheriffs

I don't have the mentioned add-ons. I have the same problem with Majestic Software Dash 8 Q-400 - Pilot Edition, both programs purchased, downloaded and installed on 27/7/2013. No other aircraft shows this peculiar view

What version of FSX you are using?

Do you have FSX SP2 and/or Acceleration installed?

Looks like a OOM issue...

Open You FSX.cfg and add:

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693458432
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693458432
D3D10=0
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
HIGHMEMFIX=1

Finn

Agree..

Look very much like FSX Retail or SP1.

But it does happen if autogen is set too high or with the Highmem fix off.

Finn

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem with Carenado's Caravan and this seemed to be fixed by a thorough disc clean-up and defragmentation!

hmmm

The disk and system must be enourmes defragmentet and "unclean" for that behaviour to occur.

Best bet is that FSX SP2 or Acceleration hasn´t been properly installed if installed at all.

Please post info about Your system (CPU type, amount of RAM, Graphicscard and Operating system), but also Your FSX settings.

Finn

Yeah

But to also help others, and not just Yourself, it is always good to return with feedback on what fixed a certain problem.

Finn

As all too often, the original poster provides too little information, presumably grabs the advice to fix it, then hasn't returned to either thank us for the assistance nor to close the topic with a summary of what was needed to fix it. And we could have guessed he would do that as he didn't bother to compete a profile. He just joined the forum for self-serving, itinerant, bone idle, `I'm alright Jack` egocentric, narcissistic reasons.

We should barr him. As a warning to others... :fallingbricks_s:

Archived