Autopilot

mjrhealth

Hi,

Well i can climb ok, using AP, I noticed it is a bit slow in settling on VOR but that is to be expected. Tends to overshoot once or twice, . Only thing i cant get my head aound is descending using ap, I select lower altidude., back of throttles a little, deselct ALT hold, but instead of desending it skrockets up. Once i mange to use the trim wheel to trim down its fine, but by then my passengers are throwing up and demanding there money back. If i decend than a little later try another decend it does teh same thing. always trimmed to climb. Help.

Cheers

When you deselect the vertical modes it is in the manual mode. That means that the aircraft is holding the pitch. You can change pitch using the rocker switch not the trim wheel.

Or you could select IAS mode, and THEN pull back on the power. This will make the auto pilot pitch the nose down to compensate for the drop in speed. Adjust power to get the correct vertical speed. When you get close to the altitude you want, increase power slightly to reduce the vertical speed, and hit ALT to hold the new altitude.

Climbing is the reverse, increase power instead of reduce.

Nah missed the post in above thread, seems im not the only one. It should tim neutral whe nap discnected but it wants to pitch up ,Ill wait for the fix. till than ill fly manually.

I must emphasise that the ALT button only have one function - when pressed it will immediatly level the aircraft and keep the aircraft on the altitude that was present when engaged.

To use the Altitude alerter setting with ALT ALRT active You must use AP manual pitch or IAS hold for both climbing or descending towards the selected altitude.

Finn

I understand that Finn, and that is how I have being using it once i figured it out. The problem is as soon as you disconnect the ALT HLd button the plane goes into a steep climb, I would of figured that it hs being trimmed to remain level, Than all i should have to do is trim to pitch down and press the ALT ALRT button.

I understand that Finn, and that is how I have being using it once i figured it out. The problem is as soon as you disconnect the ALT HLd button the plane goes into a steep climb, I would of figured that it hs being trimmed to remain level, Than all i should have to do is trim to pitch down and press the ALT ALRT button.

Note that we are working on an update thats being tested by ouir beta testers right now, which should fix a number of autopilot issues.

Stay tuned...

Finn

What is the rocker switch, cant you use the trim on your yoke?

Hi Tim,

The rocker switch is on the center of the control column, it looks like half a sphere, and is black. You can use that to adjust the autopilot's trim.

The rocker switch ist not actually a trim switch.

Trims are on the console at the right side of the captaianschair under the armrest.

The rockerswitch on the centerpart of the yoke is for setting desired autopilot roll and pitch angle.

Use left/right mouse clcik to turn that switch assambly left/right inorder to set what bank angle the autopilot should hold and use mouswheele up/down to set what pitch anlge it should hold.

Left/Right bank angle works when no other lateral mode has been selected ie. HDG, NAV, APPR or B/C. Upd/Down pitch angle works when no vertical mode has been slected ie. ALT,IAS or APPR.

Finn

Finn,

The rocket switch in a real aircraft with autotrim -like the one you modeled- actually operates on the elevator trim control to obtain the selected pitch attitude, -servos maintain the elevators in a neutral position. Also operates on the ailerons -not the rudder- to obtain the selected roll attitude.

Both systems are, in this case, well modeled.

Tom

PS: Trim control by the pilot's chair, when manually commanded with Autopilot ON should make the AP to automatically disengage.

Finn,

The rocket switch in a real aircraft with autotrim -like the one you modeled- actually operates on the elevator trim control to obtain the selected pitch attitude, -servos maintain the elevators in a neutral position. Also operates on the ailerons -not the rudder- to obtain the selected roll attitude.

Both systems are, in this case, well modeled.

Tom

PS: Trim control by the pilot's chair, when manually commanded with Autopilot ON should make the AP to automatically disengage.

Right..

But the rockerswitch must still not be regarded as elevator trim.

Finn

Archived