Twin Otter Extended A2A Shockwave lighting by twowolves

twowolves

Hi

I did some light work for this outstanding twin otter (Wheel & Tundra).

[LIGHTS]
light.0 = 10, 8.1, 0.60, -0.60, fx_twotter_vclight ,
light.1 = 7, 9.5, 0.0, -0.90, fx_twotter_vclightred ,
light.2 = 2, -00.0, -32.6, 00.80, fx_shockwave_strobe_2,
light.3 = 2, -00.0, 32.6, 00.80, fx_shockwave_strobe_3,
light.4 = 5, 02.5, -11.6, -00.10, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow //shockwave light
light.5 = 5, 02.5, 11.6, -00.10, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow //shockwave light
light.6 = 6, 13.3, -00.7, -07.19, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22 //shockwave light

Float version (Made by Twowolves - added by Finn):

Hi.heres 3d light s for the outstanding twin otter floater.
[LIGHTS]
light.4 = 5, 02.5, -11.6, -00.10, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow //shockwave light
light.5 = 5, 02.5, 11.6, -00.10, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow //shockwave light

• 2 weeks later...

Saved the day, thankyou!

I was dissapointed at the external lights on this aircraft. We have seen a lot of improvement on FSX aircrafts the last years, lighting that has a atmosphere, reflection, 3d-effect and haze/glow etc.

Internal lights are very well done! Looks just like the real thing. Pity there is a lot of bleed-thru in the hull from the "compartment-lights" in the nose area.

Regarding strobes, I was hoping for strobes that really lit up the ground like we have seen on other addons lately. Luckily shockwave exists, not perfect - and its getting very old, but helps a great deal if you are a light-nerd like myself :-)

regards

Scandi426

Hi I did some light work for this outstanding twin otter.

[LIGHTS]
light.6 = 6, 13.3, -00.7, -07.19, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow_down_22 //shockwave light

Saved the day, thankyou!

I was dissapointed at the external lights on this aircraft. We have seen a lot of improvement on FSX aircrafts the last years, lighting that has a atmosphere, reflection, 3d-effect and haze/glow etc.

Internal lights are very well done! Looks just like the real thing. Pity there is a lot of bleed-thru in the hull from the "compartment-lights" in the nose area.

Regarding strobes, I was hoping for strobes that really lit up the ground like we have seen on other addons lately. Luckily shockwave exists, not perfect - and its getting very old, but helps a great deal if you are a light-nerd like myself :-)

regards

Scandi426

Please understand that it is hard to please everyone.

Some are light nerds, other want the exact door config of their favorit Twotter, others want a different GPS or radiostack or wonder why the amphibian will be a longnosed rather than a shortnosed version.

For 30 euro I actually think that customers got a fair amount of "bangs for the bucks". I don´t know any other aircraft addon that will become available with so many different versions (around 10).

his means that we need to restrain ourself at somepoint with the featurefest.

Regardless how much we add, there will always be some who feel left behind and not getting what they hoped.

Fact is that we simply cannot please everyone allthough I think we have done / will do the best we can.

Finn

Finn.Thanks you the for your kind words.The new twin otter to me is well worth the price.I think some don't know fsx. The way it is programed its hard to get the lights perfect.I don't think you ever will in fsx.But we come very close.Again thanks Finn.

Two Wolves

Finn.Thanks you the for your kind words.The new twin otter to me is well worth the price.I think some don't know fsx. The way it is programed its hard to get the lights perfect.I don't think you ever will in fsx.But we come very close.Again thanks Finn.

Two Wolves

Two Wolves...

It is people like You who keep this hobby alive.

We actually encourage people to make mods. Thats why we keep the open arcitecture ie. no Cab'ed or otherwise restricted gauges.

Not everybody has the knowledge to do modifications.

Instead of simply complaining, some people like You, do something about it and help others by sharing - thats whats called a community.

We could add such stuff too, but that would inevitably also mean a higher priced product inorder to pay the added developement time.

So to keep a product in a certain price range we have to make compromises and decide where to put our efforts, thus "freeware" mods are welcomed.

So thanks alot for Your contribution !!

Finn

Two Wolves...

It is people like You who keep this hobby alive.

We actually encourage people to make mods. Thats why we keep the open arcitecture ie. no Cab'ed or otherwise restricted gauges.

Not everybody has the knowledge to do modifications.

Instead of simply complaining, some people like You, do something about it and help others by sharing - thats whats called a community.

We could add such stuff too, but that would inevitably also mean a higher priced product inorder to pay the added developement time.

So to keep a product in a certain price range we have to make compromises and decide where to put our efforts, thus "freeware" mods are welcomed.

So thanks alot for Your contribution !!

Finn

Absolutley true! I think the Twin Otter is not only worth the Price but it is a bargain!

Maybe, Finn, you could pin this post on top of the Forum so that anybody who is interested in this "improvement" can find it.

Finn.Thank you so very much for the kind words.I've been flightsimming since 98.I love flightsimming I'm 63 yrs young.I always wanted to be a real pilot.But never could afford it.So flightsimming is as close to becomeing real pilot as I will ever get.I will never give up this wounderful hobby.

Your Friend Chet Two Wolves

I got my money's worth no question. Thanks for the good value and open (ish) architecture.

The view select panel is a great innovation and very handy for those of us without EZdock or TrackIR. I added the the line "type=SPECIAL" in the panel config to keep the Sel Panel open when changing views.

Obie

I got my money's worth no question. Thanks for the good value and open (ish) architecture.

The view select panel is a great innovation and very handy for those of us without EZdock or TrackIR. I added the the line "type=SPECIAL" in the panel config to keep the Sel Panel open when changing views.

Obie

Where to add, can you share in detail

B.Regard's

Sukhdeep Singh

• 1 month later...

hI

thanks for the nice file

can you confirm me that the lights at the end of the wings are flashing when storbes on?

me its not working and i dont know why ? i try but do not find the solutions.what i am doing wrong?

i have a2a shockwave installed.. i change in the aircraft config the lights as mentioned and in the panel cfg too.

thanks for help and making nice files

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for A2A-updated lights section. Enjoying it!

But won't you add a beacon light and the position lights to this configuration?

Cheers

Denis

Hello Friend.I've tried to do beacon and position light but could not get them to line up proper.This weekend i'll give it another go at it.

Chet Two Wolves

Thanks for A2A-updated lights section. Enjoying it!

But won't you add a beacon light and the position lights to this configuration?

Cheers

Denis

Hello twowolves,

thanks for your answer. Would be cool to get the other lights. Contact me if you need help. Maybe we can get it together.

cya

Denis

Hello Denis,Almost gotem just to a little adjustment to the nav lights and beacon.I have to work this morning.But will have them up this afternoon when i'm done with work Its 7:33 am here in new mexico u.s.a.

Two Wolves

Hello twowolves,

thanks for your answer. Would be cool to get the other lights. Contact me if you need help. Maybe we can get it together.

cya

Denis

Archived