Cannot Start Checklist

andyman977

Hello,

This problem began happening after I used the DocumentSearcher to attempt to fix my throttle issues. I am using v1.10 with the latest hotfix. Whenever I start a flight, the checklist option for "Cockpit Prep" is unclickable. I have tried uninstalling, including deleting the entire AirbusX folder from My Documents, then reinstalling, to no avail.

After further investigation, it looks like this only happens when I try to start checklists out of the Cold and Dark setting (also, I noticed from another similar thread, I'm missing Custom5.abx...but this was the case before and after I used the DocumentSearcher).

Any suggestions appreciated!

o9MqLds.jpg

• Deputy Sheriffs

Do not know what you mean by "DocumentSearcher".

Are you sure that you installed version 1.10 plus hotfix 15 plus hotfix 16b in this order into the correct folder?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Seems as there are old or missing files. Could you please post a screenshot of the content of the following folder:

..My Documents\Aerosoft\AirbusXExtended..

Set the explorer view to details to show the file date

• Deputy Sheriffs

Looking at the screenshot you sent I can definetly see that the ACFT STATE is NOT "DARK/COLD" (necessary to start the COCKPIT PREP CL) because the ECAM engine display is not amber and the parking brake is set to ON. One of the conditions to start the Checklist- and Copilot functions is that one of the predefined aircraft states has to be loaded first. Please try again or explain.....

Regards,

Hanse

Hanse,

The aircraft state WAS dark/cold, it's just a habit of mine to turn on the ECAM right after turning on external power.

Here is the contents of My Documents\Aerosoft\AirbusXExtended:

Hqkg5F7.png

I had this issue today, and also was in cold and dark state. I solved the problem loading the state turn-around.

That worked for me, but I would really like to be able to run through the checklists from cold/dark

• Deputy Sheriffs

That worked for me, but I would really like to be able to run through the checklists from cold/dark

When I looked at your screenshot I see that the ACFT STATE files (custom1-4.abx) are outdated e. g. not the valid ones for release 1.10 plus hotfixes 15 and 16b........ So please update your system.........

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Raymond,

I don't get what you mean. If you load the ACFT STATE "COLD/DARK" automatically the left front door is open, You need one of the predefined 4 ACFT STATES to start the checklist and copilot functions. In "andyman977" case it is clear a problem of not updating the system to the current version e. g. release 1.10 plus hotfixes 15 and 16b.........

Regards,

Hanse

Hanse

eg A320 Edelweiss LFMN parking A14 Cold and dark, ok the door is closed.
I change my car still cold and dark with the menu En route to the airport A40 parking the door is then closed automatically

excuse my English.

Raymond

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Raymond,

sorry I do not understand your problem neither your question. You are writing "I change my car still cold and dark with the menu En route to the airport A40 parking the door is then closed automatically" - what do you mean with "MY CAR"? Do you want to tell us that you change the plane during taxiing from A14 to A40? Please explain a little bit more in detail and extensive.....otherwise I do not know how to help you......

Regards,

Rolf

Sorry, I mean plane.
I save a situation with the airbus to a terminal (eg A20).
I downolad this situation.
The aircraft door is opened.
If I want to change (eg terminal A40) using the menu of FSX then I see that the left front door of the plane closed.
Just open it and then check lists are possible again.
It's just an observation, not a question.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

sorry but now I understood your problem: The AXE door is automatically closing if you are changing the "location" like from gate A20 to gate A40. This is a known problem of FSX and not AXE specific (as we are using the FSX door functions also in the AXE). If you try you will see that standard FSX planes behave the same. So what are the current solutions - workarounds:

• First load the FSX situation and your AXE type and model (or set it as default) and then set the AXE to COLD/DARK. Then all settings should be right and the start of the COCKPIT PREP checklist will be no problem.
  • If you have done it accidentily the wrong way then just open the door......

But we will look into this matter and maybe find a solution for the next release......

Regards,

Hanse

Archived