Hello everyone,

I'm having a problem with my FSX that I can't solve:

A few days ago I installed GSX demo again (after having it installed for some months and deleted it), because I didn't remember how it was and I was wondering about which addon to buy (GSX or AES). I noticed a sudden FPS drop in FSX and I immediately thought it should be due to GSX since the day before I noticed nothing different while playing and I hadn't done nothing else, so I uninstalled it. Even with GSX uninstalled, the FPS were still lower and I searched about it. I found that the file "bglmanx.dll" is sometimes related to some problems and I did see that, despite having uninstalled GSX, this file was still in my FSX folder, so I deleted it manually and in all of a sudden my FSX returned to normal. I played with it and everything was allright.

However, yesterday, when I was about to play again with FSX, I noticed the same problem again (FPS loss). The only thing I did between these two moments was an update to Java and 2 updates to Windows Vista (which is my OS), so I thought it could be due to one or more of this updates. To see if I was right, I uninstalled the Java update and did a system restore but nothing changed. I can't understand why this is happening, because it looked like the bglmanx.dll was the responsible for this, but now I don't know anymore what can be causing this.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

I think you would be better off asking fsdreamteam seeing as bglmanx.dll is one of their files. Have a look at this thread.

Thank you. I decided to post the problem here as I thought it would be more general and not necessarily related to that file, because the problem disappeared when I deleted the file and returned now coming from apparently nowhere. That's why I'm even more puzzled

First I would suggerst reading the thread I linked to and deleting the other files listed if you havent already.

Run disc cleaner and delete all temporary files

If you are NOT using an SSD then do a complete defrag of the hard drive that has fsx installed.

Reboot and try fsx again.

FSX is renowed for getting slow over time, it could just be that your FSX is due a reinstall.

First I would suggerst reading the thread I linked to and deleting the other files listed if you havent already.

Run disc cleaner and delete all temporary files

If you are NOT using an SSD then do a complete defrag of the hard drive that has fsx installed.

Reboot and try fsx again.

FSX is renowed for getting slow over time, it could just be that your FSX is due a reinstall.

I will try it. Thank you ;)

I will try it. Thank you ;)

I tried all the advices and also reinstalled my FSX and still have the same problem. It's not that FSX is slower in everything, the only problem is the frame rate, which is considerably lower than what it was. I really don't understand what's going on.

Archived