COM2 Question

nmurray

Bendix KING KX 165 TSO (underneath the GPS Unit).
I have used the NAV2 on this unit but I have not been able to use what I assume is the COM2.

I set up a frequency in the standby position and swap to the active on COM2.
I have not been able to find a 'Both' switch so as to be able to listen on COM1 and COM2 so I have tried using CNTL+7 (FSX Default) which should enable me to listen on COM1 and COM2.
I verified this test worked on the standard Cessna.

I am likely doing something stupid here.
Has anyone had any success with using COM2

Thanks Neil

I finally noticed the 'KMA 24 TSO' unit (above GPS Unit) which does solve my problem.

The knob on the right of this unit controls COM1/COM2 transmit selection.

If I select 'transmit' COM1 and have a frequency set active in COM2 on the Bendix KING KX 165 TSO,

then I press in COM2 on the 'KMA 24 TSO', then I can transmit/receive COM1 and receive(monitor)COM2.

This can be useful if flying online when you may wish to monitor Unicom when actively using another frequency on COM1 or to monitor ATIS.

ADF and Marker can also be IDed from this panel.

I finally noticed the 'KMA 24 TSO' unit (above GPS Unit) which does solve my problem.

The knob on the right of this unit controls COM1/COM2 transmit selection.

If I select 'transmit' COM1 and have a frequency set active in COM2 on the Bendix KING KX 165 TSO,

then I press in COM2 on the 'KMA 24 TSO', then I can transmit/receive COM1 and receive(monitor)COM2.

This can be useful if flying online when you may wish to monitor Unicom when actively using another frequency on COM1 or to monitor ATIS.

ADF and Marker can also be IDed from this panel.

I´m happy that You figured it out.

If You read th manual You will also find a few features for both COM2/NAV2 radio (Displaying present radial of the tuned station) as well as the ADF radio (Flight timer, countdown timer etc..)

Finn

Archived