question about the fuel tank(s)

emisary

I had some trouble with the autopilot, I thought and I ended up with, having the plane wrong loaded.

So Now I use the fuel and load planner to fill up the plane.
Later I start in FSX the fuel and load planner. and start shifting cargo to nose and everything as far as possible to the front.
Then I go to the fuel area.
I put as much of fuel in the wings as I can put in.
And as low as can be in the centre tanks.

That works until the fuel in the centre tanks are empty.
Then the engines stop.
When I look, I see that there is still 100% fuel in the wings and 0 the centre tanks.

how am I able to use the fuel from the wings?

The Twotter is a bit different than most aircraft in that the wing tanks are reserve. Typically you'd only use them if you need additional fuel after your center tanks are full. Fuel from the wing tanks should be used first but not during takeoff, climb, or landing. To use the wing tanks the tank switches need to be in the up postion, these switches are right below the flight recorder.

I will say though, that in rough air its really nice to have some fuel in those wing tanks as they help to stabilize flight. But this is FSX, LOL. Oh and remember to shut down fuel pumps in empty tanks.

Checked it out. Wow, that is tucked away. Hard to find, unless you pull the yoke.

So, nearly finish the centre tanks, and then use the wingtanks?

Archived