Twin Otter Extended - Full Version Upgrade ???

darthranger

Just noticed today that the Full version is apparently available for sale at FlightSim Pilot Shop...

So I went in to the FAQ / Updates section to update my Version 1.01... but it's not there ?

Just wondering what's up.

Rick / Canada

Have you registered your copy of the twin otter extended. The update doesn't show up on the list until until you have registered your copy to your online account. As soon as that is done it will be a menu item to choose from in updates.

Have you registered your copy of the twin otter extended. The update doesn't show up on the list until until you have registered your copy to your online account. As soon as that is done it will be a menu item to choose from in updates.

I did...

and have already previously downloaded the 1.01 update for the original 1.0

but that's the only "update listed ?

Shouldn't there be an update to download the 'Full Version' now ??

I'm not completely sure of the differences in the downloads, but there is only one version available right now and that's the 1.01. I think the difference is the full version entitles you to the rest of the models when they are released and from what i've read It will be another month or so before the rest f the models are available.

If you just want an installer which will install the version 1.01 straight away you can simply go to your download shop account and redownload the product.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Just noticed today that the Full version is apparently available for sale at FlightSim Pilot Shop...

o I went in to the FAQ / Updates section to update my Version 1.01... but it's not there ?

Just wondering what's up.

Hi Rick,

It might be a bit confusing when somebody starts using words like Full Version.

At this moment the latest version is 1.01, and that is what you have apparently. This is the Twin Otter 300 wheels model.

The 100, floats and ski versions release date is some weeks away yet (no fixed release date is set or known).

Maybe FS Shop means to say that you are entitled to the all models, when you buy now the wheels only version.

Probably they mean (like Emi said) that there is an full installer for version 1.01.

Hi Rick,

It might be a bit confusing when somebody starts using words like Full Version.

At this moment the latest version is 1.01, and that is what you have apparently. This is the Twin Otter 300 wheels model.

The 100, floats and ski versions release date is some weeks away yet (no fixed release date is set or known).

Maybe FS Shop means to say that you are entitled to the all models, when you buy now the wheels only version.

Probably they mean (like Emi said) that there is an full installer for version 1.01.

Thanks...

They have this in their "Description", and I didn't see anything about only the 300 wheeled version being available right now.

Features:

• Ten models (DHC-6 100 and DHC-6 300 with wheels, tundra wheels, skies and floats)
  • Easy on framerate
  • All models with individual high fidelity flight models
  • Detailed simulation of engines (correct indication for torque, RPM, ITT)
  • Engine failure modes
  • Custom electrical, fuel and hydraulic systems
  • Detailed sound environment with dozens of additional sound effects
  • Detailed avionics suit with Bendix King transceivers, Collins auto pilot (fully realistic) and Digital Flight Data Recorder (that exports to Google Earth)
  • Many additional features; fully featured paint kit, extensive manuals, Fuel planner / cargo loader module, livery manager

So... I figured the remaining models had been released sooner than anticipated and I got 'Excited' for no reason :-(

• Aerosoft

is there gona be diffrent engine sound on full version more realistic sound........?

I know you been asking about that, but we feel the current sound set is pretty good. It's been recorded from the real thing, I flown dozens of hours in them (4 hours in the cockpit, leaning over the two front seats) and I love the sound set. The other sound set is created by a different team and it will be different, but realism is relative. You mean realistic for a 3 blade prop, 4 blade prop, as the pilot hears it with his headset on, as somebody in the cockpit without headsets, how it sounds in youtube videos recorded on non smartphones (and that mic is 0,2 mm)? Or do you have seriously professional recording we can compare with

Unless you are a Twin Otter pilot with a whole load of hours on stick it will always be something you expect a Twin Otter to sound and as we learned many years ago that has nothing to do with how the real thing sounds. Release an Airbus without flaps motion sounds and we get a lot of complaints. And I assure you that a Bus driver with his headset on has never heard the flaps move. Yet 90% of our customers expect it. Even worse, try the F-16 where the pilot headset is tuned to tune out the engine, I flown duo in that in in cruise you hear only a very very whisper. Or even better, all customers expect the Huey to do a serious whoop whoop all the time as they heard it in a zillion movies.

If you can deliver me sound samples of how a Twin Otter pilot hears the environment through his headset I am sure to listen (pun intended). In the end we have had almost no comments on the sounds, just compliments.

I know you been asking about that, but we feel the current sound set is pretty good. It's been recorded from the real thing, I flown dozens of hours in them (4 hours in the cockpit, leaning over the two front seats) and I love the sound set. The other sound set is created by a different team and it will be different, but realism is relative. You mean realistic for a 3 blade prop, 4 blade prop, as the pilot hears it with his headset on, as somebody in the cockpit without headsets, how it sounds in youtube videos recorded on non smartphones (and that mic is 0,2 mm)? Or do you have seriously professional recording we can compare with

Unless you are a Twin Otter pilot with a whole load of hours on stick it will always be something you expect a Twin Otter to sound and as we learned many years ago that has nothing to do with how the real thing sounds. Release an Airbus without flaps motion sounds and we get a lot of complaints. And I assure you that a Bus driver with his headset on has never heard the flaps move. Yet 90% of our customers expect it. Even worse, try the F-16 where the pilot headset is tuned to tune out the engine, I flown duo in that in in cruise you hear only a very very whisper. Or even better, all customers expect the Huey to do a serious whoop whoop all the time as they heard it in a zillion movies.

If you can deliver me sound samples of how a Twin Otter pilot hears the environment through his headset I am sure to listen (pun intended). In the end we have had almost no comments on the sounds, just compliments.

hello mathijs as far as i know that from inside its perfect i too not fly but flew with this bird and i want to say is outside sound is preety unimpressive

• Aerosoft

hello mathijs as far as i know that from inside its perfect i too not fly but flew with this bird and i want to say is outside sound is preety unimpressive

I am sorry that you are not happy with the sound, perhaps the supplementary sound set that we will provide will be more to your taste.

I am sorry that you are not happy with the sound, perhaps the supplementary sound set that we will provide will be more to your taste.

great will wait for that

Archived