I have an 23" Samsung TFT but i want it bigger :) and I am thinking to buy a new 30" Monitor for FSX.

Do you have any recommendations, or infos for me, what is important for the selection?

The Monitor is only used for FSX, nothing else, and I have a ATI Radeon 67.. series video card - if this is importand. You see, i don't know anything ;)

yeah that's quite a hefty price although http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LS23MUQHB/ZA comes in at $1000 which isn't to bad considering.

Just checked the lotto and not one number so it looks like im gonna have to stick with my LG Flatron for some time yet :mad:

How about this for multi monitor :lol:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LS23MUQHB-EN-Monitor-150000/dp/B003NAOVK4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_computers_5

A snip at just shy of 3 grand :lol:

Personally I'd go with the 27 inch Dell Ultra sharp, it blows every other monitor out of the water:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dell-u2713hm?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Of course they aren't cheap, but then you pay for the sheer quality..

this is a great monitor. 27 "monitors are still significantly cheaper than 30". These 3 " are very expensive, do you know why?

So you think 27 "is sufficient for FSX ?

yeah that's quite a hefty price although http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/monitors/LS23MUQHB/ZA comes in at $1000 which isn't to bad considering.

Just checked the lotto and not one number so it looks like im gonna have to stick with my LG Flatron for some time yet :mad:

These 3 are not to expensive, I think. But i also think, that FSX does not fit into this wide view. You would See the cockpit excellent, but no scenery around.

this is a great monitor. 27 "monitors are still significantly cheaper than 30". These 3 " are very expensive, do you know why?

So you think 27 "is sufficient for FSX ?

I really don't know why those extra 3 inches cost so much, you can get some 30" screens quite reasonably priced but they are still only 1920x1080 and in my opinion not worth the money.

These 3 are not to expensive, I think. But i also think, that FSX does not fit into this wide view. You would See the cockpit excellent, but no scenery around.

That depends on the aircraft you fly, high wing aircraft like the Cessna 172 a 3 screen setup gives you a great view outside the cockpit too. Other aircraft arent so great. But I wouldn't swap my 3 screen setup for all the tea in China. I would how ever swap it for that 6 screen Samsung setup :lol:

My present screen is the 30" Dell Ultrasharp, which runs at 2560x1600 res. it is phenomenal and cost me £425!! It was a very careful buy on Ebay.

I use a 3D monitor, which is amazing for FSX. The immersion effect in 3D is quite impressive, and it works for all other games (although I note you said this is just for FSX...)

Amazon.uk link here.

@Robert

huii, thats very special :) But you need some 3D glasses to see the 3D effect, or?

Don´t know if this is to much for me, I use my nomal glasses and a headset with TrackIR. Do u also use TrackIR

or EZDOK or similar?

Personally I'd go with the 27 inch Dell Ultra sharp, it blows every other monitor out of the water:

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/dell-u2713hm?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

Good morning Matt,

i checked your link again and noticed the picture in the "Overview" segment. Its a flower going over two monitors.

Is this also possible with FSX?

Good morning Matt,

i checked your link again and noticed the picture in the "Overview" segment. Its a flower going over two monitors.

Is this also possible with FSX?

It certainly is, and is how I got into multi monitor sets. Its graphics card dependant though. If you have a ATI card you can use Ifinity or if you have Nvidia you can use surround gaming. I personally use Nvidia as I dont like ATI chipsets.

At this price, you can get a 50 inch full HD plasma TV (from Panasonic for example, or LG, or Samsung).

If your viewing distance is around 1.2-1.3 meters, its much more immersive that a (compared to the 50 plasma) "tiny" 27-inch monitor.

At this price, you can get a 50 inch full HD plasma TV (from Panasonic for example, or LG, or Samsung).

If your viewing distance is around 1.2-1.3 meters, its much more immersive that a (compared to the 50 plasma) "tiny" 27-inch monitor.

I dissagree totally, why have such a huge screen at only 1920x1080 when you can get the 27" or 30" screen with a far far superior resolution and refresh rate. Which which have considerably better picture quality. Besides most folk sit at a desk some 2 foot away from the screen as apposed to the other side of the room.

But a 50 inch full HD Plasma TV is not as sharp and the cockpit is very pixelated and blurry, or is this wrong?

Thats exactly it, 50" 1920 x 1080 compared to a 27" 1920 x 1080, the 50" will have exactly the same number of pixels only considerably larger resulting is poorer image quality.

Thats exactly it, 50" 1920 x 1080 compared to a 27" 1920 x 1080, the 50" will have exactly the same number of pixels only considerably larger resulting is poorer image quality.

Agree, thats logic, yes!

I completely disagree and share exactly the same opinion as Matt. Any of the plasmas and large TV LCDs all run at 1920x1080 and IMO are completely useless. I know a lot of guys fly with them which is their personal preference, that I obviously respect, but for me, I don't want to see some over pixelated image just for the sake of a larger screen!

I completely disagree and share exactly the same opinion as Matt. Any of the plasmas and large TV LCDs all run at 1920x1080 and IMO are completely useless. I know a lot of guys fly with them which is their personal preference, that I obviously respect, but for me, I don't want to see some over pixelated image just for the sake of a larger screen!

I agree again :)

It´s not the size, it´s the quality which is importand - like in real life ;)

If the viewing distance ratio of 50''/27'' is 50/27, then it will be the same.

Actually, I do not know a lot about optics and the human eye, but I have the impression it will be less tiresome for the human eye, because of the greater distance.

Archived