REX Auto updater heads up

There has been some issues raised guys with the installation of the updater so if you are having that problem, check this thread posted by Reed http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26705-tn20130720-001-rex-auto-update-sql-server-install-error/ This worked for me and has now installed perfectly :)

And what a palava the installer is. Running as admin errors with .net4.5 install, using the thread chris linked to yields same results. Reboot and manually install. Rerun installer as admin fails to install SQL Express. Find the 3 packages for SQL express and install those in the correct order. Now run the setup.exe as admin from the temp folder to install the updater.

In the time it took to faff around with all that I could have downloaded and manually installed SP2 :lol:

/Rant

+1, it was a bit of a palava and there is no od available for my latest build :( but they are working on it :)

+1, it was a bit of a palava and there is no od available for my latest build :( but they are working on it :)

To get OD I reverted back to the orginial download package from FSS, then downloaded and installed OD for REX Ess Plus and then installed SP1 :lol: I think I prefer the manual updates.

To get OD I reverted back to the orginial download package from FSS, then downloaded and installed OD for REX Ess Plus and then installed SP1 :lol: I think I prefer the manual updates.

Good advice Matt... :cheers_s:

Archived