Lukla screenshots, part 2, the mountains (large mail alert!)

• Aerosoft

I wanted to make this a special topic because if I would put them in the other Lukla screenshot topic they might get lost. These are special...

Most likely it has not been lost on most people that out annoucement of Lukla caused some other altiports to be pushed forwards and that is good. But what we are doing is a bit bigger then just the airport of Lukla, we could not release a product that small. "Lukla, The Airport at the top of the world" has a lot more to offer;

- three airports (!) (Lukla is only one of them)

- the village Lukla and a few more in great detail

- assignments so you have something to do, the scenery for all this is included

- a tutorial to teach you how to land and fly at great altitudes

- weather themes to cover the region

And.... mesh for the highest mountains in the world. This is special mesh, hand worked in areas and it is covered in a high definition satellite image that was rather costly. It you see the detail you will understand why. Nick Churchill, our staff photographer, had a tour around the region before attempting to land his Stationair at Lukla.

See and behold the beauty of the top of the world;

aerosoft_luka_05.jpg

aerosoft_luka_06.jpg

aerosoft_luka_07.jpg

aerosoft_luka_08.jpg

aerosoft_luka_09.jpg

aerosoft_luka_10.jpg

aerosoft_luka_11.jpg

aerosoft_luka_13.jpg

aerosoft_luka_14.jpg

aerosoft_luka_15.jpg

aerosoft_luka_16.jpg

aerosoft_luka_17.jpg

aerosoft_luka_18.jpg

aerosoft_luka_19.jpg

aerosoft_luka_20.jpg

aerosoft_luka_22.jpg

assignments so you have something to do, the scenery for all this is included

1) - a tutorial to teach you how to land and fly at great altitudes

2) - weather themes to cover the region

3) And.... mesh for the highest mountains in the world.

That is really impressive looking Mathijs!

A few questions and a comment...

1) The tutorial is an excellent idea! For myself, I'm just learning how

to fly from high altitude airports. I've been practicing in Nepal and Tibet, so a tutorial would really be a welcome addition.

Now a couple of questions.

2) I have Flight1's Flight Environment. Will that be compatible?

3) I also have world-wide mesh. Will your mesh override it so there

won't be any conflict?

Thanks...

Larry

Hi Larry, I can answer the FE question. These screenshots were taken WITH Flight Environment, so don't worry about any conflicts. :wink:

I am happy to see there will be 3 airports. Gives you a reason to go fly there other than some scenery viewing and then returning to the same airfield. Very good and those mountains look absolutely breathtaking! :)

• Aerosoft
Amazing detail.

If you have FSGenesis Himalayia mesh, how should it be in prority? Also, what types of a/c usually fly in and out of this village.

Thanks

That's up to Fs, it always will use the most dense mesh, what we include is the best that is available, so I do not think there will be any problem, but of course saying that is only asking for problems.