Big news from Mindstar Aviation!

twharrell

Great news! The developers at Mindstar aviation gave me the thumbs up to publicly share that, after Oshkosh, they will be releasing an avionics package including both the Garmin GNS430 and GNS530. For those of you not familiar with Mindstar, they created a fully functional G1000 that can be added to almost any 3rd Party GA aircraft. I use it in the MilViz C310 and love it!

Now, many of you use the GNS430 or 530 from Reality XP. I did when I used FS9. But now that I use P3D, I can't without paying a ridiculous Professional user fee. And if you want crossfill, that's another fee. Not to mention, the developer is AWOL, and the nav data is old.

Well, put those RXP units away. The Mindstar GPS package will allow you to install any combination of the 2 Garmin GPS units, includes crossfill (meaning the two GPS units will talk to each other, something you couldn't get with RXP without paying a LOT extra), and the nav data can be updated monthly with an annual AIRAC subscription (the same AIRAC data used in the G1000). The cost of this package will be only $50 USD, which is an insane price for an incredible package of GPS units. Oh, and LPV approaches will be available later this year in an update. This is great news for Twotter Extended fans and for general aviation in general.

Todd

Archived