Guidelines for uploading repaints/liveries

Eric Bakker

• Deputy Sheriffs

Updated text of 21-11-2013 after release of version 1.10 of the Twin Otter Extended

Dear (re)painters and livery makers,

For the Livery Manager that is included with the Twin Otter to work with your repaint please follow these simple guidelines:

• We need the livery files to be in a texture folder with the correct name (for example "texture.G-BVVK")
  • Include a text file containing the text that needs to be added to the aicraft.cfg. It should be named 'readme.txt'. Naming it 'Install.txt' is also supposed to work, but sometimes it doesn't (for unknown reasons).

Besides the [FLTSIM.X] part you can add any information you like to the 'readme.txt', this will be ignored by the livery manager.

• Put the texture folder and the readme.txt together in a ZIP-file (in the 'root' of the zip, no sub-folders please).
If you want to add screenshots of the livery to the zip, this is no problem, it will be ignored by the manager as well.

The zip file can have any name, but the more clear to the user the better of course. An example of a very clear zip name would be:

DHC6_300_WHEEL_YETI_AIRLINES_9N-AET.ZIP

LiveryMangerZip.jpg

A very easy alternative is to manually add your repaint to the Twin Otter and use the 'backup' function/button of the Livery Manager. It will create a zip file that you can upload!

Upload your paints here: http://forum.aerosof...ended-repaints/.

All new uploads will be announced automatically here: http://forum.aerosof...ended-repaints/3

Thank you!

Hello Eric a simple question, are you guys going to want the current repaints reuploaded in the new format or can you folks make the changes at your end. I know my files are almost in that format already except for the text file which is a readme instead of install?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Eric a simple question, are you guys going to want the current repaints reuploaded in the new format or can you folks make the changes at your end. I know my files are almost in that format already except for the text file which is a readme instead of install?

Hi Peter,

For now you can leave the current uploads as they are, let's wait for the final release version of the Livery Manager.

One of the nice features of the manager is also that by using the 'backup livery' function it will create a compatible zip from a manually installed livery.

We are already happy when from now on you follow the above mentioned format.

But your help might be appreciated after the release, thanks.

Archived