Flight Dynamic Problems

flymia

So this is my first time ever buying a new add-on a day or two after it comes out so maybe its just something that will be worked out but I know it is not a problem for many or maybe anyone. I have tried a re-install and if I have no success I will have to try re-download maybe I just have a corrupt file.

Anyway my problem is with the flight dynamics of the airplane. I have only flown the airplane so far from the ready to fly stage so I don't think it is anything I am doing wrong. I cant get the plane to get above 105KIAS. I have 30% fuel, a load of 2 passengers and maybe 200lbs of cargo and even if I level off at 1,500ft and put the plane on full power the plane wont go above about 105KIAS. It has a fairly high nose high attitude also. It just make no sense. Climb is extremely slow. At 100knots it takes me a long time to just reach 2,000ft. I know this plane is not fast but I also know that the plane goes faster than 105KIAS at 1,500ft.

(And yes my flaps are up and I have all the engine controls at full.) :)

Anyone else have this issue? Maybe I do need to re-download the airplane.

One 2nd small thing. How many paints does it come with? ( I have 3) And is it possible to change a cargo version to passenger version?

Once I get this speed thing figured out I am excited to fly it around the Caribbean but until then it just takes way too long to fly SJU-STI!

Hope I can get some answers.

Best,

Hi,

For the speed issue, this may sound strange but when you are flying and this happens, press the "/" key. That's the default spoiler command in FSX. See if pressing that solves the issue. The reason this may affect your flight is the default spoiler effect is added to help simulate ice buildup. If you've bumped that key, or something else is causing that to be set, it might be the source of your problem.

Hi,

could you please post a screenshot of your situation where you get this power problem?

Also please check that your aircraft does not suffer from icing whihc can easily lead to the aircraft running out of power.

Regarding the paints: Currently the aircraft ships with 3 livery, one for each version, but you can download others in the download sections of this forums. Install instructions for those are provided in the readme files.

Thanks guys. Will check the spoiler problem. Don't think that should be the issue but may be. Will also see icing. I was flying in warm conditions so not sure where the icing would come from. If neither work I will post a screen shot. It has happened in every flight. Engine instruments are showing full power just does not feel like the airplane is getting that power with the extremely slow speeds.

Wont be able to post until later this evening in the U.S.

Appreciate the quick responses!

Pressing the spoiler "/" key won't do much harm as the own icing logic is returning the spoilers to stowed (0) position if no ice is present. I would try by first loading a 172 in the free flight screen and then moving to the Twotter aircraft.

Tom

Pressing the spoiler "/" key won't do much harm as the own icing logic is returning the spoilers to stowed (0) position if no ice is present. I would try by first loading a 172 in the free flight screen and then moving to the Twotter aircraft.

Tom

Did not try this either. Maybe that the problem. I know a few add-ons require this but seems like the new ones don't.

If nothing works will re-download the files.

Will update the thread once I have a chance.

• Aerosoft

Thanks guys. Will check the spoiler problem. Don't think that should be the issue but may be. Will also see icing. I was flying in warm conditions so not sure where the icing would come from. If neither work I will post a screen shot. It has happened in every flight. Engine instruments are showing full power just does not feel like the airplane is getting that power with the extremely slow speeds.

Wont be able to post until later this evening in the U.S.

Appreciate the quick responses!

It sounds like you got the RPM but not the torque. Use Vol 3 manual to find the right settings. For example 75% Np at 1650 RPM at 9000 feet with 42 psi torque should get you something like 136 kts IAS.

Also keep in mind that icing is most likely to happen close 0 celsius, it almost never happens at -20 because there is not a lot of moisture in the air at that temp.

Don't re-install, that will not change anything. Our installers always check all files after they have been installed.

Personally, I'd look at how you are loading this flight with the Twotter. What you have sounds a classic case of .flt carry through, where your flight inherits some old settings.

Start with a clean flight, using the default Cessna 172, then switch to the Twox. Does that fix it?

Personally, I'd look at how you are loading this flight with the Twotter. What you have sounds a classic case of .flt carry through, where your flight inherits some old settings.

Start with a clean flight, using the default Cessna 172, then switch to the Twox. Does that fix it?

Will make sure to try this tonight when I get home. This may be the problem. Hopefully it is and I can get going with the plane.

Are you by any chance using a throttle Quadrant?

Yes. But I also tried by just using the F4 key. Throttle works well with all other airplanes on FSX.

It sounds like you got the RPM but not the torque. Use Vol 3 manual to find the right settings. For example 75% Np at 1650 RPM at 9000 feet with 42 psi torque should get you something like 136 kts IAS.

Also keep in mind that icing is most likely to happen close 0 celsius, it almost never happens at -20 because there is not a lot of moisture in the air at that temp.

Don't re-install, that will not change anything. Our installers always check all files after they have been installed.

Maybe. Have not dug deep into the manuals just yet. It was just apparent very quickly when I just took it out for the first spin around the airport. It was lagging power big time. From the second it gets in the air. Seems like T/O rolls are long too for a plane with great STOL capabilities. Will try the Default airplane start first then go through the other solutions. I was not near Icing conditions so that should not be it.

Will report later this evening.

Appreciate the help everyone. If anyone else has any other solutions please share. Besides for this the aircraft seems great! Getting great FPS for a VC airplane.

Hi,

For the speed issue, this may sound strange but when you are flying and this happens, press the "/" key. That's the default spoiler command in FSX. See if pressing that solves the issue. The reason this may affect your flight is the default spoiler effect is added to help simulate ice buildup. If you've bumped that key, or something else is causing that to be set, it might be the source of your problem.

We have a winner :bow_down2_s:

Started the flight with a default airplane but a few moments after climb I noticed the slow climb and very high angle of attack. I cycled the / key once and then again and the plane flew what I would think is normal. I was up to 140kias in no time. For some reason the plane thinks there is an icing problem when I am flying in 20C and clear skies. I made sure not to press the key. Wonder why it is engaging.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Wonder if anyone else has this issue. If there are any changes in the progress I will post. But so far so good with the / key.

The trick is to always start FS with the default flight. The only other issue could be if you have the spoiler mapped to your hardware and its in the wrong position. This sometimes happens to me, using the slider on a X52 throttle handle.

We have a winner :bow_down2_s:

Started the flight with a default airplane but a few moments after climb I noticed the slow climb and very high angle of attack. I cycled the / key once and then again and the plane flew what I would think is normal. I was up to 140kias in no time. For some reason the plane thinks there is an icing problem when I am flying in 20C and clear skies. I made sure not to press the key. Wonder why it is engaging.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Wonder if anyone else has this issue. If there are any changes in the progress I will post. But so far so good with the / key.

I have never suffered this problem but it would sure be interesting to find out what was the reason for this issue.

I have never suffered this problem but it would sure be interesting to find out what was the reason for this issue.

Rechecked the code and found that, when Failures are disabled, the spoiler position is not monitored by the code so, in case the "/" is mistyped or fired by hardware, the spoilers effect will remain present despite the current icing situation and, like happened in this case, can be cancelled by pressing "/" again. This is very simple to modify so I'm sure Finn will take care when he returns from his holidays.

Tom

Rechecked the code and found that, when Failures are disabled, the spoiler position is not monitored by the code so, in case the "/" is mistyped or fired by hardware, the spoilers effect will remain present despite the current icing situation and, like happened in this case, can be cancelled by pressing "/" again. This is very simple to modify so I'm sure Finn will take care when he returns from his holidays.

Tom

Ooops...

Will fix after my holidays.

Finn

Great job, Gentlemen! First class product service.

Thanks from a proud customer.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Tom

Great find, Tom, thanks a lot for helping to figure it out!

Aha! That's what he gets for cheating. ;):D

I have the same Spoiler Airbrake Anomalie, don't hit it. Its the same Anomalie like in the Katane DA-20X.

And is not Icing is the Airbrake

The answear from Aerosoft Support was don't hit the Airbraks in the Katana.

a good test pilot is always in training

Thomas

Aha! That's what he gets for cheating. ;):D

I double checked. I never disabled the failures/icing. I cycled the / key with failures and icing enabled and had the same problem. Don't know why I had the problem to start with right away even after starting new flights but the flying has been going well now. No problems,.

Try Hit the Airbrake and see whats going on, a strong speed decreasing exist hit the airbrake again speed gaine to the normal speed.

But no Problem i try a video off all anomalie and bugs on my Virtual Test Pilot Channel on Youtube.

You tell me they Icing is combined to the Airbrake key ? How make this fatal Key combination ?

Ore are both fatal programming bug exist Icing and Airbrake we will see it on Youtube.

Thomas

Try Hit the Airbrake and see whats going on, a strong speed decreasing exist hit the airbrake again speed gaine to the normal speed.

But no Problem i try a video off all anomalie and bugs on my Virtual Test Pilot Channel on Youtube.

You tell me they Icing is combined to the Airbrake key ? How make this fatal Key combination ?

Ore are both fatal programming bug exist Icing and Airbrake we will see it on Youtube.

Thomas

There's no bug with the icing and airbrake Thomas, it's simply a way of simulating the effect of icing (which of course FSX doesn't do in itself). The only issue (which Finn has said will be corrected when he returns), is that if a user disables the failures mode, the xml code isn't monitoring the airbrake as it does when failures are selected.

Ok you say Airbrake don't work on the DHC-6 Twin Otter X ? Give me few min. time and i load the Video on Youtube and you can see the Airbrake have an effect to the flight Dynamic. And my failure mode is OFF and not ON.

Her is the Video.

Thomas

p.s flown in real live 1000 Flight Houers 4000 Landing, CPL/IFR Multi FAA and Austrian Licens. I know what i see and whats going on in the Aircraft

Archived