Update ATR 72-500

Dear sir Heinz,

Thank you for your reply. I was just wondering why it is taking so long since i contacted mcphat studios a week ago. They claim that the update is been given to aerosoft. Thank you in advance for your time.

Hello thelaststand,

yes, we need to test the data, and need to program the installer.... :)

But i hope we can upload it in a short time....

Greets

Hello thelaststand,

we have found some little issues into the update data....

but i hope, things go fast now...

Greets

Heinz

Hello,

the update of the ATR 72 has a little delay... Sorry.

There was still a small issue with the data/installer and we have to clarify it with the developers...

Greets

Got it thanks.

Is there a list of changes somewhere?

The standby altimeter still goes nuts and the standby horizon gauge is still octagonal instead of round so maybe they'll sort those in SP2. :confused2_s:

I Downloaded yesterday,

I have not noticed any difference except taxi lights and landing lights now work ok.

Altimeter is still faulty and speed gauge is hard to read, Logo light still not working and no sound on seat belt and no smoking switches. :confused_s:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Let me explain: Some of the known bugs were solved, some others not. The reason is that, actually, some things "can't" be fixed, i. e.: some textures appead mirrored. Well, that's a bug, its a mistake made at the begining, when planning the unwrapping of the model, but to fix it we'll have to either erase those textures in both sides or reunwrap and rearrange a whole map just to fix a thing that is not so important. Lets see the case of the weather knob. Thit has to do with the level of simulation: In fact, the whole ND control panel is not totally like in the real aircraft, but this is due the fact that we have no plugins so we use the default instruments, modified, but that modification has its limits with no plugins.

On the other hand, the patch fixes some other things that haven't even been reported, though they were much more important. For example the engine start procedure, now it's much more accurate.

And some other features, not requested, were added.

"Worst patch ever": I love the way a purely subjective, particular impression is turned into an objective, universal truth...

Hallo atgcab,

I have one question though. Before the patch i used to have brown colour cockpit. Now i have the blue one with the patch. How can i get the brown one? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello,

the brown cockpit appears for example with the livery "Air Nostrum".....

Menu Aircraft - Open Aircraft - Checkbox Air Nostrum - and then "change livery and keep flying".

Greets

worst patch ever, never buying McPhat/Aerosoft plane again :byesad_s:

My opinion:

The plane is outside a eye-candy and have a very nice flight-model. The cockpit isn't superb, but it's ok. It's the same with the cockpit.

My main problem is, that there are several "dead" switches in the cockpit. That should be ok vor the Year 2010, but we have 2013.

Lets see the case of the weather knob. Thit has to do with the level of simulation: In fact, the whole ND control panel is not totally like in the real aircraft, but this is due the fact that we have no plugins so we use the default instruments, modified, but that modification has its limits with no plugins

Hi Alfredo,

That's OK. Although I still hope the future will bring an advanced version for this beautiful ATR 72-500, full of detailed systems including a nice custom FMS and a realistic weather radar, I didn't expect changes or new features like this with the patch.

I was just surprised that the weather radar tilt knob is still used to change the brightness of the displays after your message from December. For this, in the real plane, there's a knob in the middle of the LT panel, and that's on the lower left side of the pedestal. You even made a very nice 3D model for this BRT knob, but it's inactive.

The cons: with this choice it's less intuitive and realistic (TILT for BRT).

The pros: it's easier to adjust the brightness with the wrong knob, because you don't have to move your view to the lower side of the pedestal.

Happy flying ! :hi_s:

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any plans for more system complexity?

Most knobs do not work... even the fancy stuff like wipers and cabin lights despite of McPhat's slogan "fancy simmin".

Nice plane though with so much unused potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

From your site Aerosoft, I have downloaded the latest upgrade on my iMac (OS 10.7.5, 3,4 GHz intel Core i7, 16 Go RAM). Despite many, many efforts, your Mac installer did not work. It freezed on the first screen. (On the X-plane french forum, there were Mac users too, who were also not able to install the upgrade).

Finally, I could get the new ATR 72-500 version. I have first downloaded the new version on my laptop PC (windows 7), and have transmitted the entire 1.7 Go folder on my iMac with a USB key.

Hello,

From your site Aerosoft, I have downloaded the latest upgrade on my iMac (OS 10.7.5, 3,4 GHz intel Core i7, 16 Go RAM). Despite many, many efforts, your Mac installer did not work. It freezed on the first screen. (On the X-plane french forum, there were Mac users too, who were also not able to install the upgrade).

Finally, I could get the new ATR 72-500 version. I have first downloaded the new version on my laptop PC (windows 7), and have transmitted the entire 1.7 Go folder on my iMac with a USB key.

Hello Operami,

i have tested the new ATR-72 installer (v1.10) from our website. It works good here. OSX 10.7+ and 10.8+.

May be, that is an Apple JavaVM issue. The most standard installed (Apple) JavaVM has problems with many installers...

I have posted some little solutions here:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/70432-addon-installer-dont-work-mac-empty-window-no-buttons-only-ok/

The third post is a direct solution from Apple.

Greets

Archived