Lighting

Ferradini

Hello Aerosoft:

Let me first congratulate you on a magnificent aircraft. As a student pilot I can say that the feeling is almost like the real one. I was a little hasty into buying it since I already own the previous one, the previews you guys showed were great but watching videos and comments on Youtube it finished selling it for me and I'm happy with my decision.

Now, I know this is not as expensive like the A320 but I imagine that since you guys already developed the lighting technology (landing lights) for the A320 it was going to be included in this one. The landing lights for the Otter look like default FSX aircrafts. If there is a chance that future updates gives us some lighting like in the Airbus Extended?. I'm not talking about the take off animation but more on the line of the ground illumination. And can someone give the coordinates for the location of the strobe lights in the fuselage? I usually like to put my shockwave strobe lights on aircraft without wingflex like I have in my A320, but I can't find them in the configuration file.

I looked in the forums to see if this was discussed before but couldn't find anything, sorry if this has been answered.

Once again thanks for a wonderful rendition of this workhorse of the air.

Raul

just a couple items that I saw and was wondering if

Can there be a seperate light switch for the panel and one for the lighting in the passager/cargo cabin... you turn thte panel light on the the cabin lights come on in the rear of the aircraft.

also the lights for veiwing the wings for icing at night does not work...it shows on and off in the cockpit switch on light though.

• Aerosoft

just a couple items that I saw and was wondering if

Can there be a seperate light switch for the panel and one for the lighting in the passager/cargo cabin... you turn thte panel light on the the cabin lights come on in the rear of the aircraft.

also the lights for veiwing the wings for icing at night does not work...it shows on and off in the cockpit switch on light though.

I'll check on this, but don't expect any fast change.

May be a stupid question but: How do I switch on the landing lights?

I see the switch for the taxi lights but not the one for the landings lights in the wings next to the engines.

Thanks for your help!

• Aerosoft

Thanks, Mathiijs, much appreciated!

As I have said: stupid question!

I was searching on the rear overhead panel were all the other light switches are...

Glad to help! And indeed ergonomics was not the key design feature on this aircraft. That whole idea of the throttle console on the roof did not really take-off, lol.

Glad to help! And indeed ergonomics was not the key design feature on this aircraft. That whole idea of the throttle console on the roof did not really take-off, lol.

Indeed, indeed! It is not exactly the "i-plane"... :lightbulb_s:

Somewhat counter intuitive to have one light switch next to the starter and apart from the rest of the lighting switches (but there is one other also somewhat displaced a little)!

However, it is good if once can read or as we say in German: Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil! [meaning: It has big advantages if you can read!]

Try the ones just below the engine starters just in front of you ;)

Sorry Emi,

I missed your post! Only now recognized it!

Thanks to you as well!

Happy landings,

Till

• Deputy Sheriffs

Although it's not a true transport category airplane (it's at the top of the range for normal category at 12,500# for the -300), many of the characteristics are included. One thing you'll notice on any post 1950 or so transport aircraft is the location of the landing light switches. They're usually at the lower left (or forward left if you prefer) location on the overhead panel. Makes it easy for the captain to find. Airbus centers then on the lower or forward edge of the overhead. In addition, the switch(es) have a distinctive appearance and feel. A horizontal bar with three bumps (usually painted white) representing lights. You can see this clearly in the picture on post #7. After your first few flights in the real thing, you go right to them subconciously.

On little airplanes, they're usually positioned with the other lights on the panel or sub-panel. I can see why you were looking for the landing lights to be with the other ones.

Take a look next time you have a chance (good photo or real cockpit) and you'll see what I mean for transports.

Archived