Propeller animation

Okinokie

Recently a purchase the brand new Twin Otter extended; crispy textures, nice views, brilliant lighting and excellent flight dynamics. But what bothers me - again - is the poor smoothness of the propeller and the very thin look from aside. As far as I now are only RealAir and Alabeo be able to fully handle that part of animation. Of course I realize that making an add-on like the Twotter is not an easy job. Making a smooth running propeller without nervous shaky movements is maybe a nasty problem. But I hope one day that Aeosoft (and even Carenado) will handle that too.

Recently a purchase the brand new Twin Otter extended; crispy textures, nice views, brilliant lighting and excellent flight dynamics. But what bothers me - again - is the poor smoothness of the propeller and the very thin look from aside. As far as I now are only RealAir and Alabeo be able to fully handle that part of animation. Of course I realize that making an add-on like the Twotter is not an easy job. Making a smooth running propeller without nervous shaky movements is maybe a nasty problem. But I hope one day that Aeosoft (and even Carenado) will handle that too.

Count Majestic and A2A in for smooth animations. On A2A planes you will also see the changing profile when looking from the side and the prop goes from fine to coarse pitch. Everything is possible, if you want it to do..

Look at the price point where you notice the difference, and there is your answer.

Next time, if you want to express an opinion and retain your credibility, try doing so in the correct forum.

For the rest of us, it's unimportant as we like to fly the plane from the inside, where such things as fps and system fidelity have a far higher resource priority than mere visual peccadilloes.

If it was unimportant for the rest, how come another user is complaining about it..?

Your way of discussing is very aggressive and unproductive, as you won't hear other opinions and abuse other users instead.

You want to compare prices? Let's start with the A2A Civilian Mustang with Accusim Pack, it's 38€ with very extensive engine, wear and physics modelation. The PMDG Jetstream 41? Oh well, you can get it for 40€ inclusive FMC and Icing effects, plus a very custom engine simulation! RealAir LanceAir Legacy? It's 32€- with RXP integration btw. Those were the comparisons taken here, and regarding the final product price of 35€, this is exactly the price range of the Twotter. Of course you can say, the Twotter will have more models, which is true, but the other, more expensive addons have more features, which in return neutralizes this fact.

I like the Twin Otter, it's a good addon, I have fun flying it, I just make suggestions of what could be done better in my eyes.

Aerosoft had a reason to make and better Twotter and it took a lot of time. In al aspects the succeed. Why skip the propeller animation? It's a very catch the eye item.

Fps and system fidelity has nothing do with system fidelity. RealAir and Alabeo have prove that.

And if we all fly inside, what is the reason for making all the differend body-skin repaints?

It's a very catch the eye item.

Maybe for you, I hadn't noticed it, and frankly wouldn't know if it was correct having never paid attention to the props on real Twotters. Any animation of that kind is going to eat FPS and I'm more than happy to keep the excellent frame rates.

TTFN

Alright gents, this is noted here and may be looked at as development continues into the upcoming models. I'm going to close it down so things can cool off.

Archived