Freight Dogs Twin Beech impossible to fly

Considero

Hi Shaun and Matthijs,

For one week now I am the proud owner of the RealAir Scout. That aircraft made me thinking about the stall warning on the Twin Beech. The Scout is a small taildragger. When I take off with the Scout or even when I roll out after landing, I can hear the stall warning. This happens when the tail wheel is on the ground and the speed is considerable. It happens on the take off roll before the tail is lifting and on the roll out after the tail wheel dropped. RealAir writes in the manual that this is normal because "the wing angle of attack is much higher than with a nose-wheel aircraft and the stall sensor is picking this up". This makes sence to me.

I don't have the complete Twin Beech package. I only have the Twin Beech that comes with the Freight Dogs package. This version has tundra wheels in the front. With the tail wheel the wing angle of attack is already big on the Twin Beech, but it is even bigger with the tundra wheels in front. Could this explain why the stall warning comes in at around 40 kts and disappears when the tail is lifted? And should we come to the conclusion that the stall warning is completely normal on this version of the Twin Beech?

Just some thoughts on this issue. I am not a real pilot so don't be angry at me when I am talking complete nonsense. :wink:

Kind regards,

Arjen

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Hi Shaun and Matthijs,

For one week now I am the proud owner of the RealAir Scout. That aircraft made me thinking about the stall warning on the Twin Beech. The Scout is a small taildragger. When I take off with the Scout or even when I roll out after landing, I can hear the stall warning. This happens when the tail wheel is on the ground and the speed is considerable. It happens on the take off roll before the tail is lifting and on the roll out after the tail wheel dropped. RealAir writes in the manual that this is normal because "the wing angle of attack is much higher than with a nose-wheel aircraft and the stall sensor is picking this up". This makes sence to me.

I don't have the complete Twin Beech package. I only have the Twin Beech that comes with the Freight Dogs package. This version has tundra wheels in the front. With the tail wheel the wing angle of attack is already big on the Twin Beech, but it is even bigger with the tundra wheels in front. Could this explain why the stall warning comes in at around 40 kts and disappears when the tail is lifted? And should we come to the conclusion that the stall warning is completely normal on this version of the Twin Beech?

Just some thoughts on this issue. I am not a real pilot so don't be angry at me when I am talking complete nonsense. :wink:

Kind regards,

Arjen

That is exactly what I have been thinking all the time... The stall indicator is certainly affected by the angle of attack. But some people reported (I belive confirmed by Shaun) that it also happened with the tail wheel up.

Hi Matthijs,

This screenshots shows the stall warning on a roll out after landing with the RealAir Scout with tundra wheels.

Stall%20on%20Roll%20Out.jpg

Kind regards,

Arjen

• 1 year later...

I just purchased the beech on the beach a couple of days ago. Unfortunately this is still a problem.

Stall warnings bouncy landings I can deal with , what is ruining the experience is the take off.

As mentioned by others the aircraft seems to want to fly way early. Nose down trim, no flaps, not exceeding 36" MAP on the takeoff roll are all things I have tried. It is nearly impossible to hold on the ground.

I have realism set to max that is the only thing i can think of as to why this problem seems to effect some but not others.

I am an experienced flight simmer,I am not attempting to do a 3 point takeoff. quite the opposite, I am working hard not to.

My impression sometimes is it is producing a great deal of excessive lift though I don't know if that is the real issue.

I followed the Beech 18 from its release but felt I did not have the computer to run it so I am only now getting it. I also followed this issue and felt certain that it would be figured out by now. I am sad to see the entire thing seems to be abandoned due to other pressing issues.

I understand sales were not what you expected but I wonder which came first poor sales or poor follow up.

The thing that impressed me the most about Aerosoft when I purchased the Supercub and DHC-2 was how long they not only supported it but continued to add to it. I understand It is not practical to spend time adding to a product that is not meeting expected sales but I think this problem is wide spread enough to get it figured out a year and a half later without resorting to home made workarounds or adjusting realism to fit one aircraft (I'm not saying that would work anyway).

I am not angry, I'll buy Aerosoft products again, just disappointed

Hi William,

The only way you can solve this issue for yourself is setting the realism level a notch lower. You don't have to go to unrealistic settings. Just a little bit lower and it will fly a lot better. If Aerosoft hasn't solved yet, I don't expect they will solve it in the future.

Kind regards,

Arjen