REALISTIC HELICOPTER FOR FS2004 WANTED

fvt

Hi Chaps,

got used to the implemented choppers of FS2004.

I am looking for an up to date heli with functional gauges etc.

Have checked the avsim pages but downloading and testing is a lot of time to spend.

So if one of you have an idea pls reply on this topic

most appreciated:

SAR or Medical repaints if possible

EC135 Versions

With best regards

Frank

• Aerosoft
Hi Chaps,

got used to the implemented choppers of FS2004.

I am looking for an up to date heli with functional gauges etc.

Have checked the avsim pages but downloading and testing is a lot of time to spend.

So if one of you have an idea pls reply on this topic

most appreciated:

SAR or Medical repaints if possible

EC135 Versions

With best regards

Frank

Of course I am biased, but I believe that not many people will dispute that our Seahawk is the most advanced helicopter for flightsim at this moment. I'm not saying that there are no good freeware models with good systems around, but it is hard to beat a few months full time development as we have spend.

It is NOT an easy model to fly however, you will need to spend serious time learning how to use the SAS etc.

I'd check out hovercontrol.com

Did you already get the freeware EC135 or are you just looking for repaints ;)

Hi

geht das eigentlich auch in Deutsch?

Ich habe mir den EC135 ( als Freeware geladen, aber da tut sich in den Anzeigen nix... oder ich habe es nicht richtig gemacht, auch möglich

Fakt ist,

habe HOVERCONTROL durchgeschaut

Aber nix gefunden, was so funktioniert wie ich es mir vorstelle.

Wen nes Payware geben sollte, ausser das HELI-Pak, was ich nciht kenne, auch gut.

Die Marinevariante im anderen Beitrag würde mir auch zusagen, da ich 10 Jahre bei der Bundesmarine zur See gefahren bin und wir natürlich Bordhubschrauber hatten

Gruss

Frank

Ja sicher geht das.

Also beim EC135 sollte eigentlich alles gut klappen. Ich glaub bei mir fehlte eine Anzeige, und natürlich funktionieren nicht alle Schalter, aber ansonsten hast Du wohl was falsch gemacht ;)

Hast Du denn die Gauges alle in den FSgauges Ordner rüberkopiert?

Daniel

Ja sicher geht das.

Hast Du denn die Gauges alle in den FSgauges Ordner rüberkopiert?

Daniel

Wohl dem der lesen kann... RTFM

Danke Daniel für den Tipp.

Gruss

Frank

Actually I purchased it quite a while back and haven't touched it since then. Aparently it says somewhere that it isn't possible to model twin turbines in FS2004.

Well I have the Bell 412 freeware that does just that and what a wonderful model it is too! It comes with a very good 2D and VC panel with full startup procedure.

The VC on this Seahawk just eats up framerates and the instruments are not very smooth which is very important when it comes to flying Helos. I only like to fly in VC as I have Track IR.

To me the DODOSIM Bell206 is the most realistic simulation to date and this Seahawk model doesn't come close to what the Dodo can do.

I regret to say that I wish I never bought it.

About Virtual Cockpit and Flight Simulator

Gauge smoothness in the virtual cockpit is directly affected by the number of [VCockpit##] sections in the panel.cfg file. A panel with a single section offers the best refresh rate and smoothness, similar to the 2D panel. Each additional virtual cockpit section cuts the refresh rate from a “maximum” rough rate of 18 frames per second. The general rule of thumb is:

1 section = 18 frames per seconds per section (maximum refresh rate)

2 sections = 9 frames per seconds per section (18 / 2)

3 sections = 6 frames per seconds per section.(18 / 3) etc…

Got this from Reality-xp. I think they know how it works so this could be some reliable information. :wink: So I most of the time enter the panel.cfg and remove all the [VCockpit##] that I don't need. Like back-up attitude, airspeed and altitude. Just to bring the refresh rate a bit up.

Jeroen

Well,

its real easy. Go to you're panel folder. Then open you're panel.cfg in a text editor. Scroll down to the VC section. There are some [VCockpit##] with info under it and at the end the gauge name's. The gauge name's tell there function and then you can choose if you need it or not. Remove the [VCockpit##] if you don't need it. Only removing the gauge00=seahawk!vcpfd,0,0,1024 will not work. Mine for example:

[Vcockpit01]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=0

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$PFD_CLUSTER

gauge00=seahawk!vcpfd,0,0,1024

gauge01=seahawk!calculator, -100,-100,0,0

[Vcockpit02]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=0