Twin Otter Extended Altitude select knob hardware control

Yokebloke

Hello, I am enjoying the "Twotter" extended, thanks.

I am using a hardware setup (PFC console) and I want to control the altitude selection knob from my hardware, but cannot set it up even through fsuipc macros. In fact nothing can be programmed through the macros :-(

Is there a way to rectify this now or in a future update?

Thanks in advance...

Clive Northrop

I tried to set that up through FSUIPC also using buttons for up & down on Saitek throttle quadrant with no luck. Would love to have this function too.

Thanks,

Jerry

If I remember correctly they said in the preview thread that they are going to allow setup via lua (or Linda?). I aswell look forward to this as I have quite an amount of Goflight modules and some switches left on my throttle quadrants :)

• Aerosoft

The problem (as always) is that these controls are only able to handle defaults FSX commands, and these are just not realistic enough to be used in a project like this. so it often depends on the manufacturer of the controls to provide drivers for this. As always we are very willing to provide the information for this.

Umm, I sense a "catch 22" syndrome here, should one not buy nice pay ware aircraft because they wont work with any hardware, or not buy any hardware because they wont work with the nice pay ware aircraft... :confused2_s:

Would it be possible to at least let those who have hardware the chance to use the fsuipc macros or allow us to revert back to the default commands? I've seen that happen before...

Regards

Clive Northrop

Later we plan to make LINDA/LUA sripts for FSUIPC available.

Currently the default FSX altitude arm setting simply doesn't work the way the Twin Otter autopilot should, but we are still working on a solution.

Finn

Archived