FS2004 on macs

No he means Apple Hardware ! :wink: The thing is that Apple has announced to run Windows operating system (in a dual boot with their own Mac OS). Since they also have Intel insiede now... one wonders why one would still want a Mac of course :wink: :wink:

Intresting .... I have let me say that ....

FS "runs" exeptional faster and better" !!! ?

Kofi,if You can ... pls :wink:

Thanks in advance! :D

Janber

No he means Apple Hardware ! :wink: The thing is that Apple has announced to run Windows operating system (in a dual boot with their own Mac OS). Since they also have Intel insiede now... one wonders why one would still want a Mac of course :wink: :wink:

See ... same Hardware (Intel) ;)

Janber

Sory , my mistake ....

It was on a "LINuX" OS !?

Somebody knows about it? :)

Thanks

Janber

• Aerosoft
It was on a "LINuX" OS !?

Janber

No, Apple made a special bootloader available that allows you to install Windows XP on your modern Intel based Mac. This was very very special news as it means Apple breakes with decades of xenophobia. It's a looooong time since FS did run on a Mac platform. Here is how it looked last time.

Image14.gif

Image15.gif

Both images from the superb Fs History site (http://fshistory.simflight.com/fsh/index.htm)

Janber

LoL Sure, no problem.....(Now if I can just talk him into one of those laptops..) :P

Kofi,thanks ... :D ... succes!

Mathijs,you dont have taken the wrong laptop ..... :shock: :shock: :shock: .... '88 ... lol

Bests and thanks ...

Janber

Kofi,thanks ... :D ... succes!

Mathijs,you dont have taken the wrong laptop ..... :shock: :shock: :shock: .... '88 ... lol

Bests and thanks ...

Janber

Should only work on Windows OS...

• 4 weeks later...

FS2004 on Macintosh? Yup!

I've had FS2004 running on my brand new iMac (Intel) for a couple of weeks now, and I can safely say it's the best Flight Sim computer I've ever owned.

My specs are: 20" iMac, 2GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 128MB ATi Radeon X1600, 250GB HDD....

I run FS at medium-high settings and I usually get no less than about 20fps (I have it locked at 30fps and it usually runs about that fast) I like to fly POSKY jets around detailed airports like ATL or MIA and it runs smooth just about the whole time. Really a great computer. Even for Flight Simmers :D

PS: I'm also running Train Sim and I get like 30 or 40 fps easily, with settings maxed out.

• Aerosoft
FS2004 on Macintosh? Yup!

I've had FS2004 running on my brand new iMac (Intel) for a couple of weeks now, and I can safely say it's the best Flight Sim computer I've ever owned.

My specs are: 20" iMac, 2GHz Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 128MB ATi Radeon X1600, 250GB HDD....

I run FS at medium-high settings and I usually get no less than about 20fps (I have it locked at 30fps and it usually runs about that fast) I like to fly POSKY jets around detailed airports like ATL or MIA and it runs smooth just about the whole time. Really a great computer. Even for Flight Simmers :D

PS: I'm also running Train Sim and I get like 30 or 40 fps easily, with settings maxed out.

I keep hearing the same, on simular CPU's the Apple seems to do pretty good.

Outstanding news here as it looks like I stand to be corrected :D That being said, just curious, are you running Mac OS X on that :?: