Prop RPM vs %.

Reald

Hi,

How can i find the prop RPM vs %. According to the data sheet, during cruise i can have the prop RPM at 2000 or 1650 but the reading on the gauges is in %.

Thanks and best regards

Real Deraps

The reading of the Torque gauge is on %, but below the Torque gauge there's an RPM gauge showing the actual RPMs.

Hum! i must be blind. Right below torque gauge (torque press) that's the T5 gauges, under that percent prop RPM and last one percent GG RPM but nothing indication RPM in RPM.

Thanks again

Real

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

How can i find the prop RPM vs %. According to the data sheet, during cruise i can have the prop RPM at 2000 or 1650 but the reading on the gauges is in %.

Thanks and best regards

Real Deraps

The appropriate % Np is right next to the RPM in the chart title. For example, the first cruise chart title reads, "Maximum Cruise Power - 91% Np - 2000 RPM". By the same method, 1650 RPM is 75% Np.

• 3 months later...

Emi,

I just saw this older post. I just purchased the Twin Otter Extended and I'm learning the gauges. On the Prop and GG RPM gauge there is a smaller dial gauge inset that simply shows 0 -10. Are these insets meant to show the actual RPMs versus the percent indicated on the larger portion of the gauges? If so what is the multiplier, 1000? I'm new and therefore haven't seen gauges of this type before.

Thanks!

Ths smaller needles shows fractions of actual RPM and are used for fine tuning RPM.

You will see that they rotate quite fast cause they will do a full rotation for each scale division on the larger scale.

Finn

Archived