Future Otter Models

doublecool

I guess in the years since I stopped working on the twin they got the float certification for the long nose. I did find pictures of long nose twins on both styles of floats, I had assumed these were the new 400, but I was wrong. Still the majority of twins I see on straight floats or amphibs are still the short nose version. I have no plans on doing any repaints for the long nose on either version of floats. All the ones I want to do are a short nose versions. I guess I will get a break in painting.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mathijs,

Hope I didn't come off sounding the wrong way, I was very excited when I knew Aerosoft was going to do a float and amphibious twin and was caught completely off guard when I saw the development shots of the 300 with a long nose on floats, I hadn't expected that in any way. All the twins on floats I remembered seeing were either the DHC-6-100 or the DHC-6-300 with a short nose. I'm not used to seeing it on floats with a long nose and everything I had planned on painting had a short nose. Guess I was a little disappointed, I can't do those now because they won't match their real world counter parts. Hey I'll get over it and I still love the aircraft.

• Deputy Sheriffs

spike9, on 16 Aug 2013 - 15:29, said:

All the twins on floats I remembered seeing were either the DHC-6-100 or the DHC-6-300 with a short nose. I'm not used to seeing it on floats with a long nose and everything I had planned on painting had a short nose.

Peter, I think there is confusion now about the floater and the amphibian.

What Mathijs said is there will be only a 300 long nose amphibian.

But the short nose (100) floater is also still on the list.

Thanks for the clarification Eric, that will allow most of my paints, but the one I really wanted to do is the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resource's DHC-6-300 water bomber and the best representation of that would be a 100 or 300 short nose on amphibs. Hey never hurts to ask right.

I hope there is gone a be a paint kit for all this new model's..

There will...

But please understand that the modeller (who also do the paintjob) has his hands full creating the next comming versions ie. Amphibian, Ski, -100 etc...

Paintkits will come whenever he find a "hole" in his schedule.

Finn

• 1 month later...

Archived