Future Otter Models

doublecool

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I be

-100 pax version, normal wheels, airstair please!

Kent

Hey Kent, I beleave the Float version 300 will be next. They all will come when Aerosoft is ready and beta testing is complete.

Regards Keith

Hopefully, for us painters there will be only minor changes to the textures so we can reuse most of what we have already done for the different models. For instance on the 300 with tundra tires just add a new texture for the tires and nose wheel fork, that way the rest of the textures are unaffected. Hey, but you guys know what you're doing and I'm sure your texture artists won't unnecessarily create more work for themselves.

Texture artist and modeler is here the same lol...

The textures kept all in all the same, only names changed a bit to avoid possible confusion between the single paint kits. The area were the normal wheels were before is now occupied by the tundra wheels. That that should be exactly what you wanted...

Thanks Stefan,

lol... Thought maybe the modeller and artist were different... Anyhow, great work on the twin the model and textures they're fantastic. I thought you might have created just a knew seperate texture for the tundra tires that could be placed in the texture folder and mapped to the new wheels, but this also works. Will there be a knew paintkit just for the tundra tire variant, or will you update the exsisting paintkits to include a new folder group for the tundras so we just turn on the tire layer we want and rename the texture as required? For the 100 do you plan to reuse the exsisting paintkits and just modified it to account for the new nose? If so I can start working on the 100 series paints I wanted to do, then just modify the nose area as required when the official paintkit is released. If you would rather discuss outside of forum please feel free to message me privately.

Peter

Texture artist and modeler is here the same lol...

The textures kept all in all the same, only names changed a bit to avoid possible confusion between the single paint kits. The area were the normal wheels were before is now occupied by the tundra wheels. That that should be exactly what you wanted...

Thanks Stefan,

lol... Thought maybe the modeller and artist were different... Anyhow, great work on the twin the model and textures they're fantastic. I thought you might have created just a knew seperate texture for the tundra tires that could be placed in the texture folder and mapped to the new wheels, but this also works. Will there be a knew paintkit just for the tundra tire variant, or will you update the exsisting paintkits to include a new folder group for the tundras so we just turn on the tire layer we want and rename the texture as required? For the 100 do you plan to reuse the exsisting paintkits and just modified it to account for the new nose? If so I can start working on the 100 series paints I wanted to do, then just modify the nose area as required when the official paintkit is released. If you would rather discuss outside of forum please feel free to message me privately.

Peter

Well adding small textures for any new part has negative influence on the performance. I keep this as a bad habit and try to avoid that as it fastly accumulates to a bunch of drawcalls that can be avoided.

Imagine that like when you are reading a page in a book. If you have constant text you read it in one flush. Having chapters you have to jump with the eyes anytime to the beginning and concentrate on the new start.

Those added time need to process seems small in this situation but remember it manifolds and a computer works in the milliseconds realm and handles million more issues per second.

So adding draw calls is like this and makes out of a fluent run and choppy one. Therefore we artists try to work with as few single textures as possible. And FSX is very sensitive on this.

As for the 100, yes, i will try to only replace the nose in those textures, beside stuff stays as it is (as i see it now).

As far as i know the amphibian is being worked on, We might see it with the Twotter -100 series keep your fingers crossed right now we are trying to solve some issues with the float version

Regards

Keith

Don't forget the wheel/ski version please: Antarctica is patiently waiting...

Thank you.

Very Good Point... I'm a fan of the wheel ski version as well

Lots of good stuff to look forward too...

Well guys, It looks like the amphibian version will be next in the list. Sure looking forward to it thats for sure

Regards

Keith

Oh my... now thats doublec :cheers_s:L news

on the 300 I hope?

Just curious if on the float and amphibious models, you will be using a short nose model. I beleive the only twin otter certified to use the long nose on any type of floats is the new 400 series. I may be wrong of course, but certainly every picture I have ever seen of a twin otter on floats has a short nose.

Peter i am not sure what they have planned for the Amphibian.There was a 300 on Amphibean floats this is the long nose, So i am thinking we might see this on after the release the float versio to the public. Float release i think will be very soon and then it's off to testing the Amphibian. I sure hope they release different crew like what was talked about at the beginning.

Regards Keith

post-60164-0-13337700-1376594634.jpg

Archived