Sign of life... anybody out there?

Thorsten42

Hi folks,

looks like getting very quite in the Andras section. Is there still anybody in here? Do we have still someone officially around here? As the Andras Meridian VA is still very active and still supporting Andras Field as a hub in it's ongoing business I would be interested if the project is still alive or at least someone taking care of whats happening here.

Any feedback appreciated ;)

Cheers

Thorsten

I hear the horrifying news that someone drunk the bar in the clubhouse dry! The perpetrator may still be at the scene in a some what comatosed state, the air ambulance might be a good call. Failing that another beer run :lol:

I hear the horrifying news that someone drunk the bar in the clubhouse dry! The perpetrator may still be at the scene in a some what comatosed state, the air ambulance might be a good call. Failing that another beer run :lol:

...uh oh... to be on the safe side come over to my place. BBQ and cold fresh beer :D

T.

Haven´t been around for some time, missed the third birthday and cannot find the update to version 1.20 announced in this forum.....

Is it just me being too stupid, or is Aerosoft beiling out of supporting Andras Field?

Thank you for your help.

Scorpio47

• Deputy Sheriffs

Haven´t been around for some time, missed the third birthday and cannot find the update to version 1.20 announced in this forum.....

Is it just me being too stupid, or is Aerosoft beiling out of supporting Andras Field?

Thank you for your help.

Scorpio47

Last full installer can be found in your shop account, updates are available in the FAQs/Update section on Aeorsofts website. Product needs to be registred.

Last full installer can be found in your shop account, updates are available in the FAQs/Update section on Aeorsofts website. Product needs to be registred.

Thank you, Otto.

That is exactly my "problem": I can only find version 1.17 in my download section in the shop aacount, but apparently the latest update is already 1.20!

In the support section at aerosoft Andras Field is not even listed!

And that was the situation that triggered my question on Aerosoft´s commitment to continued suppor of this product.

If you can find the latest update for me and give me the link, I would be very happy.

Thank you and have a great day.

Jürgen

• Deputy Sheriffs

Jürgen,

you have to register your product here: http://support.aerosoft.com/support.php?language=de

You need your serial number and the email adress you used during the purchasing process. After registering you'll find 2 updates: 1.17->1.19 and 1.19->1.20, which you have to install in this order on top of your 1.17 version

The updates are definitely there as you can see:

Jürgen,

you have to register your product here: http://support.aerosoft.com/support.php?language=de

You need your serial number and the email adress you used during the purchasing process. After registering you'll find 2 updates: 1.17->1.19 and 1.19->1.20, which you have to install in this order on top of your 1.17 version

The updates are definitely there as you can see:

attachicon.gifandras.JPG

Thank you, Otto, tausend Dank!

Indeed, the update IS there and it was my negligence that I could not find it in the list, as it seems.

I had an account for a long time already and most (I thought: all) my products were listed, but not Andras Field.

After I added it to the list of my registeres products, I could download the two updates now.

Again, thank you for your help!

Herzliche Grüße

Jürgen

- As for being alive... Andras Field hasent been alive for over a year now. Noone is tending it. Aerosoft gave up on it long long time ago - and sure it was supposed to be community driven, so that´s all part of the policy I suppose. but Andras himself actually posted few months ago stating that he would be happy to do stuff for AF, if anyone wanted it - but noone answered, so noone seemed to, so...

Even Matt Smith, who was the famous last caretaker of Andras Field, has only no-answer remarks, as seen above, about this issue, so...

Andras Fields third Birthday came and went in total silence. Not a single post about it, so...

To paraphrase Paul Mccartney from "Eleanor Rigby" - Andras Field died and was buried along with its name - nobody came!

so...

RIP Andras Field

• 2 weeks later...

Having just relocated, I am keen to start online flying as we did at Andras Field, is there a way of doing this now GameSpy has closed down?

Unfortunately, multiplayer in FSX is crap. Apart from the large vatsim or ivao which are for a different kind of flying, there's nothing available which works well enough.

I remember many afternoons having trouble connecting to the servers and, hence, I gave up on the online part.

I fly a lot in an around Andras Field. Still love it. It got a bit frame heavy, but still excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

So looks like it's still alive... somehow.. to be honest I would like to push it back more into service a bit especially for our AMA operations. But as for most of us I'm currently bound in real world and time for FS is very limited. Perhaps we should get into direct contact with Andras if we have some sort of plan...

Cheers

Thorsten

I'm haviing issues with flying time as well, so many other things going on. I'm going to try and set aside an evening next week (beginning 2nd Sep) to pop in and do some circuits - anyone want to join me? Can we get Multuiplayer set up?

As Robert said, we at VAE are still happy to provide a direct connect server for Andras Field. Joining the session has gotten easier, as we have moved away from the Dafsim project. If you are still interested, feel free to email me at evan@virtual-aviation.org.

For what it's worth: flying online for Andras Meridian using FSinn+Fscopilot+Teamspeak via the VAFinancials servers is working pretty well. Only thing is that it takes some one-time-only nittygritty installing of all the stuff.

@Gmoreira, look at www.andrasmeridian.com if you are interested in flying from EAFS with a purpose.

Hi All, I'm still here. waving.gif I think Andras Fields died when Ole Andreasen threw in the towel due to pure frustration. In all honesty, I blame Aerosoft for not backing Andras. Ole tried his best but got nowhere. Same goes for Matt Smith, he tried his hardest as well but also got nowhere.

Even I tried talking to management about getting Andras a server but it was considered low priority by Mathijis. I can understand the companies position with so few copies of Andras Fields sold. But, on another token, if they would have put 100% behind the game, they might have just sold their 1 million copies. I'm not having a dig here, just saying how I feel. :(

{Quote}

Hi wdiekmann and Mathijis,

I would like to request, if possible, that Aerosoft give Andras Field a server. I can see this game being very popular if it was easy to access online. Game Spy has gone and nothing else really worked for anybody.

Look, the way I see it is this. Not all of us are experts in online flying (aviation) and some of us I'm sure would just like to be able to log in, see who else is online, have a yarn and just enjoy flying around Andras Field. As for get together's for the more experienced flyers, I've enjoyed following them and listening to their stories but I've never been able to join because of unreliable server. (couldn't understand how to set this up and I'm sure others couldn't either) . :(

So Aerosoft, please consider us at Andras Field.

http://forum.aerosof...rs/#entry454851

{unquote}

Recently I joined IVAO and what a headache ! Just to join a game you have to sit for an exam for God's sake ! I'm not saying that I'm thick between the ears but I just don't think it should be a necessary part of a game. Not everyone is experienced in charts etc. I know the basics and that's it.

How simple was it with GameSpy. You bought up Microsoft Flight Sim, click on multi-player and away you went. So easy and I wish there was another server as easy to use as this one was.

I'm not whining about money spent on the game as I see it as good value. Nice scenery and villas and of course not to mention the club house. I think it could have been better if the company had provided more add-ons. EG: increase the length of the runway as a 747 seems to over run it every time. lol

Anyhow chaps, all I'm saying is, wouldn't it be nice to just fly in and out of Andras in an easy and fun way ?

Cheers,

Pierre

Spud,

I hear ya!

The buzz has moved from here to the Andras Meridian VA, www.andrasmeridian.com.

We fly worldwide more and more, but the heart is still our first hub at EAFS/EAFW.

Online flying is usually on a singular basis: some event is called out by someone on our forum and all who want and can attend it.

It is currently done via 3rd party tools fsinn+fscopilot, with teamspeak for voice and all servers provided by VAFinancials, our pirep provider. It is somewhat more hassle than the gamespy link of the old days, though, but when all is installed it's quick and easy.

Archived