Prop Condition Lever issues

jaseman007

Hi there.

My prop levers are moving once calibrated with FSUIPC however they have no affect on the prop.

I do however get a change in prop pitch if I right click feathering in the pop up checklist though.

Cheers,

Jas

Hi

I have also a small problem with the prop lever. I use Saitek Throttle Lever with FSUIPC.

It is not possible to go to the Feathered state with the lever. The range goes from 100% to 0%. With the mouse wheel I can go from 0% to Feathered.

Any change to do this without using the mouse?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Nachtmond - you can use FSUIPC to define a reverse zone for the prop lever - that should allow beta.

I think that's the best way to do it. On the Saitek ProFlight Yoke, there is no throttle range below the soft stop. Just a switch, which can be programed as a button. Since there's no other soft stop to tell you where flight idle is, I have my throttle quadrant marked with a piece of masking tape to know where it is. Even with that, you need to keep an eye on the beta lights to ensure you don't get into idle reverse.

I have not had good luck using a reverse command with the switch that activates when below the soft stop. It works fine on the PMDG NGX, for example, but on the twotter, you'll get an overtorque.

Thanks for the tip. My problem was with the prop lever not power lever but the same trick helps here.

Assigning PROP_PITCH(X)_DECR to the mentioned button do work.

Thanks for the tip. My problem was with the prop lever not power lever but the same trick helps here.

Assigning PROP_PITCH(X)_DECR to the mentioned button do work.

Nachtmond - glad it worked for you. Just to clarify, you can use the same technique in FSUIPC to establish a negative zone for a prop lever. I honestly forget if it's referred to as a "reverse zone" or not but the effect is the same - it establishes the lowest portion of the prop axis, below a point you define, as a negative zone that takes the lever below the zero point and into feather. If your solution works for you, that's great - just wanted you to be aware there's another option. Hope this helps.

Unfoutunately it does not work completly :glare_s:

The tooltip shows now Feathered if the mouse is over the lever but the checklist item where you have to set the propeller lever to Feathered does not work. The entry shows still a red cross.

• Deputy Sheriffs

It should be easily solvable with FSUIPC. I have it set up that way with the Saitek Proflight yoke system (I did note you have the CH product, but the principles should apply) and a second quadrant (so all six levers working accurately, independently and correctly). I'll try to get a tutorial out in the next couple of days with screen shots to show how it's done.

As a question to help me see any differences between the Saitek yoke and the CH product, do you have it working correctly for the stock King Air? And please confirm you're talking about the six lever product.

The easiest way is to set the button at the bottom end of the axis travel to Prop 1 Dec and Prop 2 Dec respectively. Make sure you check repeat control when held. This is done in the buttons and switches zone.

One quirk is that the modeled prop levers hit the stop at low pitch and do not move any further back as you feather the props. I am not sure if that is correct or not but just because in the plane they are full back, it doesn't mean the props are feathered. I use the above button method for the props and it works fine. I use axis trickery for my reverse range on the throttles. Two totally different things.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The easiest way is to set the button at the bottom end of the axis travel to Prop 1 Dec and Prop 2 Dec respectively. Make sure you check repeat control when held. This is done in the buttons and switches zone.

One quirk is that the modeled prop levers hit the stop at low pitch and do not move any further back as you feather the props. I am not sure if that is correct or not but just because in the plane they are full back, it doesn't mean the props are feathered. I use the above button method for the props and it works fine. I use axis trickery for my reverse range on the throttles. Two totally different things.

Based on experimentation, another approach is you have to either clear or check a box in the props section of the calibration page in FSUIPC to enable a feathering range on this add-on (I have to get my rig back up to verify which it is, among other things). Once the check box is correct, you'll see a feathering range added, so you pick your low pitch stop (maybe marking it with a bit of tape) and you're there.

Archived