Daniel's TwOtter paintshop

Oh sorry, didn't know that...

Which one are you searching for?

Greetings

the livery that came with the one they received from Air Moorea.. He's working on it an is supposed to come out before the Air Seychelles but there's no news about that yet.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

As my time as a trainee at a local radio station is nearly over, there will be much time for repainting soon.

I'm kind of unemployed until my studies will start in October, so ... yeah ... I'm kind of back :D

There's lots of stuff that needs to be finished!

Greetings, Daniel

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Long time no update on my Twin Otter Extended liveries, huh?

Be prepared for sad news ... I quit texture design completely.

My job kept me busy and I thought this donationware system I had would pay off the time I spent on creating those liveries ... sadly it didn't.

Most developers aren't interested in what I'm doing. All those updates I did to several airplanes have been a real waste of time ...

I thought those custom liveries could help me to get a paid job somewhere in real life or the Flight Simulator Community, but that didn't work out.
Due to the current situation, it's not looking good, there won't be liveries from Cheese-Strike Repaints anymore as there are other things I can spend my spare time with.

Please don't ask me to release the finished exterior textures without the interior.
That's not going to happen!

Greetings, Daniel

• Deputy Sheriffs

Long time no update on my Twin Otter Extended liveries, huh?

Be prepared for sad news ... I quit texture design completely.

My job kept me busy and I thought this donationware system I had would pay off the time I spent on creating those liveries ... sadly it didn't.

Most developers aren't interested in what I'm doing. All those updates I did to several airplanes have been a real waste of time ...

I thought those custom liveries could help me to get a paid job somewhere in real life or the Flight Simulator Community, but that didn't work out.

Due to the current situation, it's not looking good, there won't be liveries from Cheese-Strike Repaints anymore as there are other things I can spend my spare time with.

Please don't ask me to release the finished exterior textures without the interior.

That's not going to happen!

Greetings, Daniel

That's a great loss for the community Daniel! Isn't there a way you can still contribute?

That's a great loss for the community Daniel! Isn't there a way you can still contribute?

Thanks for the heads up Jeroen, but there are enough talented texture designers out there so I will probably not be missed.

I wasn't famous anyway so nobody will care about, trust me. What is this community you talked about?

livery makers are taken for granted, I share your opinion Daniel.

Good statement, Tom!

Most people even don't know how time and money consuming those liveries are ...

• Deputy Sheriffs

Thanks for the heads up Jeroen, but there are enough talented texture designers out there so I will probably not be missed.

I wasn't famous anyway so nobody will care about, trust me. What is this community you talked about?

Well I find it a loss when a talented repainter which uses his spare time to do something for free to contribute to the flight sim community eventhough there are enough repainters out there.

Touche on the community part Daniel :)

Sorry to see you go Daniel. I have enjoyed your repaints. I am sorry it didn't pay off for you in career advancement but you made a lot of friends and we appreciate your hard work. I can understand the burn-out factor but never underestimate the (unpaid) gratitude for your artistry and hard work.

Obie 311

Archived