Daniel's TwOtter paintshop

Excellent job Daniel, Any chance for Kenn Borekk Textures for the ski version?

Regards

Keith

Daniel,

Here is a photo of C-GXXB the Kenn Borek plane that flew me into the postage stamp strip at Mount Joy, on Baffin Island this summer. Any chance of the paint being done with those registration letters for any of the models? This one as you can see is tundra tires.

[...]

Thanks.

Rick

Hey Keith, Rick,

As Kenn Borek Air Ltd. is mostly using the DHC-6-100 I'll wait for it till the right model is released.

C-GXXB is already on my To-Do-List, don't worry there will be some Kenn Borek Air Ltd. Liveries.

Already contacted my friends over at Kenn Borek Air Ltd. to get some images.

Daniel,

I use several repaints and of course the registration number on the tag in the cockpit panel remains that of the original model in the group. For instance, I use the RCAF repaint for 802(?) but the panel shows D-IVER. Is there a way that I can change that easily myself?

Thanks.

Rick

Contact the artist who created the livery and ask him if he would be so kind to repaint the DHC6_VC_2048_MAINPANEL_C.dds.

That's where the reg. is located. I don't mess around with other peoples work.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Keith, Rick,

As Kenn Borek Air Ltd. is mostly using the DHC-6-100 I'll wait for it till the right model is released.

C-GXXB is already on my To-Do-List, don't worry there will be some Kenn Borek Air Ltd. Liveries.

Contact the artist who created the livery and ask him if he would be so kind to repaint the DHC6_VC_2048_MAINPANEL_C.dds.

Thanks very much Daniel. Sure can't wait for the 100series to come out for testing. Oh by the way nice job on the BAS love it, And i have seen on some videos that the bell behind the pilot is red. Chance you can repaint that sometime as well?

Regards

Keith

Hey Keith, Rick,

Daniel,

Thanks.Looking forward to the 100 repaints.

I will contact the artist and make the request and I thank you for telling me how it can be done as well, it satisfies my curiosity.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd would love to have news on the Air Antilles Express repaint for I think that I've been waiting for quiet a while now and still no texture and I'm becoming a bit impatient thoe I understand you need time for work and yourself it's still something that some have been waiting for at least 3 months and still nothing --".

I'd would love to have news on the Air Antilles Express repaint for I think that I've been waiting for quiet a while now and still no texture and I'm becoming a bit impatient thoe I understand you need time for work and yourself it's still something that some have been waiting for at least 3 months and still nothing --".

As it's only a hobby there's no deadline when to be finished. If you're working 45h-60h a week at the red cross you sometimes feel tired and need a rest ...

It just takes some time ... OK a long time if you're a one man hobby studio. Please don't get angry ... I'm doing my best!

Update on the upcoming British Antarctic Survey Livery ...

The pilots are now ready for Antarctica, wearing a Canada Goose jacked and those neat sunglasses. Just the whole interior from outside view is still missing.

I'm working hard to get this finished as soon as possible!

901632_635225979833863_1427147511_o.png

Greetings, Daniel

Daniel s doing this paintings in his free time, without getting any money for that. Its his hobby, and if you dont want to wait, than do it by yourself!!! Awesome, what kind of people share this hobby!

Max,

I understand how you feel, but consider that it may be a "not my primary language" issue as opposed to what you see. You could be "hearing" the post in a way the author did not intend. Not all have a complete understanding of the idiosyncrasies of phrases in a second language. I may be wrong but I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Daniel does need to hear that we understand and appreciate his selfless work for us all and thanks for so doing.

Rick

Keep calm guys ;)
I'm used to people being demanding ... it's ready when it's ready :D

The British Antarctic Survey interior is now finished, had some issues with missing texture files

Continued working on:

- The exterior interior textures (so the interior seen from outside looks the same like the interior seen from inside)
- The lightmaps (custom night interior textures as already used in my other liveries)

Btw, my homepage is progressing well, relaunch is planned for the weeks from 20/10/13 to 31/10/13

It's going to be AWESOME!

Greetings, Daniel

Max,

I understand how you feel, but consider that it may be a "not my primary language" issue as opposed to what you see. You could be "hearing" the post in a way the author did not intend. Not all have a complete understanding of the idiosyncrasies of phrases in a second language. I may be wrong but I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Daniel does need to hear that we understand and appreciate his selfless work for us all and thanks for so doing.

Rick

Rick, very good post - you´re right, and i am considering :)

Hi,

@Daniel, "The Author" :bow_down2_s:

Very nice job (as usually), pretty detailed.

Take a pause if needed, we'll wait: personal life and job before, so that your hobby can live and be a full satisfaction to you too.

That's the way of endurance...

All my encouragements and congratulations (, but we'll wait as mentioned above...).

Thank you in advance in all cases!

Holy crap there Daniel. Love those sunglass's and the jacket will you have time to do the MNR in the -100 version for me. Please P.M when you have time. Love to see it in the short nose version?

Regards

Keith Talbot

Awwww! Thank you! ^_^

Update:
We're working hard on the Nepal Airlines interior ...

Never thought it would be so difficult to get a leather effect onto those seats ...
It looks a bit odd at the moment, so I did not take any preview screenshots.

Greetings, Daniel

Greetings to Tiree Terror,

just finished reading a book "Loganair. First 25 years". I agree with you wholeheartedly! Very Twotter spesific operations in and around Scotland. I could imagine, it could be marvellous to have the FTX Scotland and fly there with Loganair... Rest of you just check the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loganair

Those early days real company colours would be really something! I´ve been begging these Loganair paints all over sim forums. Bae-146 has been already promised, Islander already has a couple of them at Flight1 web pages, only PMDG J41 is out in the dark still.

Oh, and very warm thanks for the repaints this far.

Bad news ... I had to restart completely with the seats ...
Never thought it would be so difficult to create realistic looking leather textures.

Homepage is progressing, only some minor changes need to be done and it's ready for relaunch.
There won't be all my liveries available at relaunch as some are going to be reworked.
Not the Twin Otter Extended ones but all my other liveries. They somehow don't fit my new standards.

Greetings, Daniel

@blackbird971

I know it's a late answer, but I hope, it helps!

There already exists an Air Antilles Express Twin Otter Extended Paint.

You can download it on Flightsim:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=16923460

@ Daniel (CSR)

I really respect your work! I really love your paints!
Just one question:

You posted a picture of a Twin Otter Extended Paint from Air Seychelles.

Are you going to end with this one and upload it or was this just a test?

Greets

Long time no new liveries ... I'm really really sorry for that!

I got a new job now as my social year as paramedic is over.

Trying to prepare for my studies (media / 3d design) starting October 2014.
At the moment I'm working at a local radio station, to get myself a look onto the whole media world. Very interesting!

Traveling 80 kilometers (about 2 hours) by train every day to an unpaid internship, but it's worth it.

I'm still working on those liveries but as it's just a hobby ... sometimes there is just no time work on ...

I really hope you do understand me ... 2 years ago in June when I had my A-Level exams people were complaining about why there were no new liveries for more than 4 months ...

Those mails nearly made me quit my hobby ...

I promise you I'm definitely going to release all of my work! That's for sure!
But I just don't know when ...

There's still this fight between me and those leather effects for the Nepal Airlines interior ...

Any ideas on how to get a realistic leather look?

Greetings, Daniel

I really understand this, Daniel! Real life is more important!

When you're having so much problems with the interior, why don't you release just the exterior textures?

I think the people who want this livery will be fine with the exterior, or?

Anyways good luck with your new job, Daniel

Greets :-)

Archived