Version 1.01

• Aerosoft

We just released version 1.01. See the change log below.

The full version is now updated to 1.01. There is an update 1.00->1.01 available in the Updates section of our site.

---------------------------------------
HISTORY
1.00 Download release
1.01 Updates manuals
Tooltips updated
DME readout fixed
GPS brightness reduced with 65%
Possible Altimeter fix (we could not recreate)

Hi,

We just released version 1.01. See the change log below.

The full version is now updated to 1.01. There is an update 1.00->1.01 available in the Updates section of our site.

---------------------------------------
HISTORY
1.00 Download release
1.01 Updates manuals
Tooltips updated
DME readout fixed
GPS brightness reduced with 65%
Possible Altimeter fix (we could not recreate)

And thank you.

Downloaded, installed (as Admin'), but not sure anything has been changed... Could you please give me an example of one modified file so that I can check it has made something?

Thank you!

Just see the Vol 1 manual, it should mention version 1.01 on the front page, or as always check the config.cfg FSXMainFolder\Aerosoft\Twin Otter Extended. It always shows the version that is installed.

Thak you very much: as I feared it, the patch isn't applied. I'll search and report here.

Thank you for your prompt answer.

Hello Mathijs,

i can´t see the T Otter Extended in the update page to register my serial ... The only "extended" product there is the Airbus. Can you help on this?

Thanks!

I installed the update and the files appeared in an Aerosoft folder in my C:\Program Files (x86) directory despite the paths looking correct (all D:\ directories in my case) on the install preview. I suspect the installer is not working correctly. My system is Windows Vista 64.

BTW great service and aircraft.

Hello Mathijs,

i can´t see the T Otter Extended in the update page to register my serial ... The only "extended" product there is the Airbus. Can you help on this?

Thanks!

Hi,

just click the "Do you want to register another product?" link, there is an entry called "Aerosoft - Twin Otter Extended" in the list. Use this to register and then it will be in your personal list.

Cheers

Thorsten

Hi,

Confirmed too.

I moved the files in the right folders and it seems OK. If there is no other impact (as in Windows Registry for example), that's the reason why.

Thank you.

• Aerosoft

Yes ... i just did a better look and found it.... sorry, it´s the age coming :mecry_s:

Thanks! Will wait for Mathijs answer about the patch location install.

The patch should install to the FSX or P3D path, as we are not sure what version you got installed we cannot offer a default.

Hi Mathijs,

That's certainly some side effect with my white hair, but any intent to connect to a "support/update" page from the French version of the site leads to the former Twin Otter X, without any clue to the Twin Otter Extended. Could you provide with a direct link to the update page for the Twootter Extended, please?

I would be very grateful.

Gilbert

I can confirm the updater put the files into "C:Program Files (x86)" on my system as well (Win 7 64).

My FSX is on my "E:" drive. The original v1.0 installer found it OK & installed the Twotter fine. The updater displays the correct location, but then puts the files in "C:Program Files (x86)"

• Aerosoft

I can confirm the updater put the files into "C:Program Files (x86)" on my system as well (Win 7 64).

My FSX is on my "E:" drive. The original v1.0 installer found it OK & installed the Twotter fine. The updater displays the correct location, but then puts the files in "C:Program Files (x86)"

Okay, we will check on this.

Mathijs,

I have Win7x64 and my update did the same as DaveWG. All the update files ended up in the C;Program Files (x86) in an Aerosoft folder. Sorry I left out that my FSX folder is C:FSX

Jerry

Same here. Files were installed into "C-->Programm Files x86-->Aerosoft--->Twin Otter X Extended Update" instead of "C-->Programm Files x86-->Microsoft Games-->FSX"

So they are now in the same folder as the AS Launcher...

Edit: Vista 64BIT

It's the same by me. The installer shows the correct path to FSX on partition D. But the files were installed into C/Programme(x86). There ist a new folder named Aerosoft, there in the file "Twin Otter X Extended update".

Edit: Win7 64 bit

Michael

Yes, for sure the installer doesn't read the FSX path. Not a great problem for this moment.

Mathijs please I noted too that the new aircraft.cfg got 2 (little!) errors for the [FLTSIM.1] and [FLTSIM.2] textures: one <CR> has gone because we now read (the bad)

ui_typerole ="Twin Engine TurboProp" ui_createdby="Aerosoft"

for (the good)

ui_typerole ="Twin Engine TurboProp"

ui_createdby="Aerosoft"

You can put it in the 1.02 patch :glare_s:

Thank you in advance!

Mathijs,

Are you aware that in the paintkit folder there are duplicate archives? In other words the FINAL_PAINTKITS_300WHEELED.7z contains all the separate paintkit archives 300_WHEEL_3BLADE_CARGO.7z etc

So thats a 250mb not needed in the installer.

Archived