Airport searchlights in GAP/SG series...

alehead

Hi,

I've searched through the fora but unfortunately no-one has issued a similar request it would seem. I've been noticing sudden stuttering of the simulator for a few seconds in the vicinity of various airports and fields at dusk or during the night. I have a feeling that the searchlights used in the GAP/SG series are causing this and would like to try with deactivating and/or replacing with the default searchlights...

I would be grateful if you could give the names of the respective files...

Thanks.

For your info: I am running FS on a pretty much dedicated PC, AMD4000+, 1Gb DDR400 RAM (Corsair XMS 2336, 1T), DFI LPUT4 nForce4 Ultra, FS installed on a WD740GD Raptor... Scenery settings are very dense, autogen very dense, cloud draw 40 miles, 100% 3D clouds, Active Sky 6, Ground Environment, FlightEnvironment...

I know that turning down settings may improve the stutter, but the new PC was built to avoid that, and I've noticed these stutters at lower settings, always at dusk when parked or taxiing at airports like Siegerland, Essen-Mülheim, Lübeck, Düsseldorf and so on...

Please let me know should you require further info from me...

Cheers for now!

Andrew

Dear support,

Any reason I haven't had a response yet, but every post after me has been replied to?

Please feel free to contact me directly by email, should you wish to discuss the matter with me privately...

Andrew Entwistle

Hello Andrew,

We dont know the names of the files that the objects your after are in.

Have you tried dis-abling the sceneries in the scenery libraries and seeing if it is the sceneries causing the stuttering. As this would need looking into if it indeed does cause a problem. But as you see no one else has mentioned it before.

Hi Shaun!

In the case of EDGS, Siegerland, it is most definitely the addon SG3, because the MS default airport has no stuttering. I have already disabled statics, as I don't need them.

There is always a jump in most scenery addons, particularly the more complicated or more populated areas such as the Ruhr Industrial Area, noticeable when panning around while parked up at Essen-Mülheim, or the new FlyTampa Vienna... to that I am not referring (sorry to sound like Yoda!)... I know this is simply a texture load delay that increases in time the more detailed a scenery has been created. This is also a condition, which we are probably totally unable to rectify, short of a 10GHz quadricore AMD Athlon256 and 32Gb QDR4000 RAM :-) (perhaps a litle over the top with the sys config!)

I have noticed simply that the airport searchlights (is that what they are called? I really don't know) in a lot of the GA/SG packages do not pan smoothly like the default searchlights, but jump in 5° increments...

I would be nice to know which effect file or bgl or whatever is responsible for the searchlight animation, as I would like try out the smoother default animation...

Take care and thanks for the reply...

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks Shaun!

I'm doing a retrofit of a Garmin430 into the RA SF260 as I want to do a GPS-guided tour of Germany over the next few weeks... As I have SG2,3 and GA1,3,4, I will be spending a lot of time over Aerosoft's Germany territory and will look into the conditions at each...

Take care and look forward to hearing from you in due course

Andrew