Twin Otter Extended on Nvidia Surround 3 Monitors, does it work?

Bozman

Hi considering purchasing, can you tell me if its been tested on 3 monitors running a NVidia 680gtx in surround. ?

Often I have to make alterations to the aircraft.cfg to get rid of the dreaded mouse spinning cursor, and on some planes this is not possible.

Do Aerosoft provide a work around for this?

Many thanks

Steve

Seems to be working ok , windows can be resized. I haven't been through all the views yet to check for spinning cursor. I'll probably edit up a config so i don't have to resize windows EVERY time.

Hi Bozman,

Although I haven't had hours upon hours to test it at great length, I can confirm that for me it seems to be working okay as well.

My set up is 2 x 680GTX 4GB in SLI for surround on three Dell U2711's, and I use TrackIR via EzDok. I'm using 320.49 release NVidia drivers.

Graeme

• Aerosoft

Hi considering purchasing, can you tell me if its been tested on 3 monitors running a NVidia 680gtx in surround. ?

Often I have to make alterations to the aircraft.cfg to get rid of the dreaded mouse spinning cursor, and on some planes this is not possible.

Many thanks

Steve

Steve, best use either support email or the forum, not both.

Many thanks

Steve

It works perfectly well on my system with 3 1920*1080 screens with 2 Nvidia 580's so see no reason why this would be different with a 680 which supports Nvidia surround without the need of SLI

Got this great work of art last night and works fine at 5980 * 1080 (bezel corrected) over 3 screens on a gtx 680, frame rates are smooth. one question tho how do you resize the checklist ? it starts up rather big.

My two screens work perfectly :-)

You can resize the check list simply with your mouse as you do with other windows. So just go to the the top or sides, your cursor should show two arrows going in opposite directions. Click on the top of the window. Hold and drag the window down.

Many thanks all, looks like will be d/loading this weekend.

Would be good customer service if developers advised on the release information if products were multi monitor compatible. There are a growing number of people using this now as the technology becomes affordable. It makes a difference to if I buy or not

Thanks

again

• Aerosoft

Many thanks all, looks like will be d/loading this weekend.

Would be good customer service if developers advised on the release information if products were multi monitor compatible. There are a growing number of people using this now as the technology becomes affordable. It makes a difference to if I buy or not

Thanks

again

But two monitor systems are (as far as I know) always without problems. To be honest customers with three monitors are very very rare.

I think it´s possible to setup special config files for that.

I will be on vacation for appr. 3 weeks now, but will be happy to help setting up the required configs.I will need those of You with such systems to help though.

Finn

I'm getting what appears to be TDR errors in full screen whenever I mouse over the checklist or the views. Possibly a driver issue or some obscure FSX problem.

Screens go completely black and video driver resets but as I said only in full screen and only when I mouse over or click the view selector or checklist.

Well made the purchase, Nice in in 3 monitor mode ;-) I do however get the spinning flashing cursor if I select the forward view with no VC ie in the main normal VC view and press "shift a"

Just have to remember to avoid this view !

Checklist is rather large,not a big issue as can resize, but if you do a workaround to keep the resize would be nice, but not a big issue as only have to do it once each flight.

I have the Antartica x Otter, just a slight improvement !

Cheers

Same here with the spinning cursor when choose forward view with no VC. All other views work like a charm in 3 monitor mode!

Smaler ( constant resized) checklist would be nice.

Cheers Rainer

BTW fantastic aircraft; fine piece of work/art!!!

Same here with the spinning cursor when choose forward view with no VC. All other views work like a charm in 3 monitor mode!

You might be able to remove this view from cameras.cfg

I believe it to be the following entry:

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = Cockpit
Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
Description = This is the description of the cockpit view
Origin = Cockpit
ShowPanel = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = True
PanPbhAdjust = Ordinal
PanPbhReturn = True
Track = None
ShowAxis = FrontOnly
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
HotKeySelect=2

You might just be able to change the showpanel = yes to no, as its usually caused by trying to load an image that wont display correctly at high resolutions found on 3 screen setups. Of course you could just removed the whole definition. If you want to try this please do make a backup copy of your cameras.cfg in case it screws up your simulator. I'm not responsible for attempts at this which break your FSX/P3D installation.

Many thanks Matt, yes ideally would like to remove it, not sure which one it is though as the descriptions are as follows, so will wait for Aerosoft to post a suggestion for which one. really nice plane, glad I took the decision to buy it !

Title = "Center Console"

Title = "Right Seat"

Title = "Overhead Front Left"

Title = "Overhead Front Right"

Title = "Overhead Aft"

Title = "Test panel"

Title = "Center Pedestal"

Title = "Batt panel"

Title = "Window view Left"

Title = "To Cabin"

Title = "Window view Right"

Title = "Throttle view"

Many thanks Matt, yes ideally would like to remove it, not sure which one it is though as the descriptions are as follows, so will wait for Aerosoft to post a suggestion for which one. really nice plane, glad I took the decision to buy it !

Title = "Center Console"

Title = "Right Seat"

Title = "Overhead Front Left"

Title = "Overhead Front Right"

Title = "Overhead Aft"

Title = "Test panel"

Title = "Center Pedestal"

Title = "Batt panel"

Title = "Window view Left"

Title = "To Cabin"

Title = "Window view Right"

Title = "Throttle view"

If you get rid of

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = Cockpit
Guid = {B1386D92-4782-4682-A137-738E25D1BAB5}
Description = This is the description of the cockpit view
Origin = Cockpit
ShowPanel = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = True
PanPbhAdjust = Ordinal
PanPbhReturn = True
Track = None
ShowAxis = FrontOnly
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
HotKeySelect=2

From your cameras.cfg that them removes the view from the shift a key press sequence. Just for your interest you can also remove things like tower view using the same method. Of course back up cameras.cfg before hand incase you get carried away and remove the VC view :lol:

Matt , I understand now where you mean to change I was looking in the aircraft cfg.

You are a genius, not only has it worked on this, but also on two other VERY highly respected companies aircraft I have, neither of which came up with a solution when I logged support with them, You have solved it perfectly, no more aborting flights after an accidental press of the view key and I can cycle through all my view without worrying about selecting it accidently.

Thank you very very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

Matt , I understand now where you mean to change I was looking in the aircraft cfg.

You are a genius, not only has it worked on this, but also on two other VERY highly respected companies aircraft I have, neither of which came up with a solution when I logged support with them, You have solved it perfectly, no more aborting flights after an accidental press of the view key and I can cycle through all my view without worrying about selecting it accidently.

Thank you very very much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve

My pleasure Steve, it was bloody annoying when that happened to the cursor. If I hadn't have seen your post I wouldn't bothered investigating in on my install of P3D By deleting the 001 camera defition you remove it from all aircraft. Of course you can still get the view back by right clicking in the sim itself. I've done it with all the view I never use and just have the VC and locked spot.

Thanks Matt for that tip!

Adding the line

CycleHidden = True

under
[
CameraDefinition
] do the same trick.

That´s a tip from Tim over in the ORBX forums (long ago).

Cheers Rainer

Archived