What does the otter install change in the fsx.cfg file??

bigmack

Nohing will be changed in Your fsx.cfg.

The only file changed is DLL.xml, but that is quite commonf or addons, since thats where all 3rd party modules are registered.

Finn

I looked at the date and time of the cfg file and it was change where the gauges needed registering. Also the aircraft cast shadows was enabled. That's why I lost my AI. Once I deactivated that option, AI came back.

Bill M

I looked at the date and time of the cfg file and it was change where the gauges needed registering. Also the aircraft cast shadows was enabled. That's why I lost my AI. Once I deactivated that option, AI came back.

Bill M

The only change made to fsx.cfg would be the addition of the "trusted software" components for the new Twin Otter and the flight recorder module. Installation and permission to use those components will have added these lines to your fsx.cfg file, in the "[Trusted]" category :

<path>: ..\Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=1
<path>: ..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft_DHC6_300_WHEEL\panel\ASC.DLL.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx=2

Those additions would do nothing with the the shadows option, and would have no effect on your AI aircraft.

Archived